|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
This home was built in 2017, with all modern appliances and is full of surprises. Craftsman wainscoting lines the walls, 12 ft. ceilings on each floor. Just off the kitchen is a separate staircase to the bonus room above the garage, complete with full bath and two walk-in closets (532 sq/ft total). Kitchen opens to great room, with sliding door and windows (perfect 8 x 9ft inlet for sunsets), with custom-installed, remote-controlled blinder shades that raise and lower at the push of a button; each of the three glass panels has its own shade, which operates independently, allowing you to adjust the light at will. The two smaller, square sunlight windows flanking the fireplace have matching blinders, each controlled by the same remote, and all five windows can lower at once for an instant cinema experience. Master and in-law suite also have matching custom blinders on all windows, also remote operated. Master suite has a large soaking tub and a massive walk in shower with dual showerheads and dual rain heads (four showerheads total). It is difficult to overstate the spectacle and utility of the master bathroom.
Understated, sprawling craftsman home w/ attached inlaw suite & 2 car garage. Nestled in quaint but rapidly developing community, laidback/colorful vibe. Plated stone masonry front porch (matches fireplace). 2 Japanese red maples line the front porch, one on each side of the walkway, sparkling against the neutral exterior of the house, along with 2 sapling black diamond crape myrtles. Purple loropetalums ornament the base of the trees. Entire western length of house professionally landscaped as well. Easy walk to grocery store, pharmacy, pubs, private dentistry, restaurants & urgent care. 1 mile from Harris Teeter and Plaza Midwood commercial district, novelty/thrift stores, ice cream and everything else. Easy walk or Uber to NoDa. 7 min drive uptown (3 miles). Spectacular master with massive bathroom & walk-in closet that keeps going. Master shower features 2 entrances complete w/ two rain heads & 2 wall mounted detachable shower heads. Large tub set before shower, 2 pristine sinks w/ black limestone counters. Inlaw suite: 2 walkin closets, full bathroom & separate staircase. Office: sizeable w/ large walk in storage closet w/ built-in shelving. Living room is expansive and efficiently laid out w/ huge island and deep double sink, gas stove & walk in pantry. Luxurious butler's pantry with built-in wine/finery cabinets, and accent mirror & extra sink with speckled gray limestone counters to match the island and the spare bath and laundry room counters upstairs. Chambered ceilings in dining room w/ large front windows & smaller inlet windows to allow soft evening sunlight for dinners, plenty of room for a kitchenette or breakfast nook between kitchen & living room. Gas fireplace w/ heavy stone-paneled masonry and custom mantle. Custom white cabinetry entertainment center. Living room opens to large screened porch with sliding glass door allowing exquisite view of sunset. Porch has polished hard-wood ceiling.
- Square Feet: 3,805
- Bedrooms: 5
- Bathrooms: 4
Additional Rooms: 12
Heating & Cooling
- Central AC
- Central Heating
- Mother-in-law Apartment
- Built in: 2017
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 0.17 Acres
- Attached Garage
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at email@example.com or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed