|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
Immaculate 3 bedroom, plus office, 3 bath, attached two car garage with spectacular garden and mahogany deck that is located one mile from Scarborough Beach and Ferry Beach! Two miles from the historic Black Point Inn at Prouts Neck. Seasonal views.
This very attractive and well-maintained cedar shingled home was recently renovated to include kitchen, office, master bedroom & bath, sunroom, and backyard. Cathedral ceilings and large windows throughout. Lots of natural sunlight year-round.
First floor: Kitchen with granite counters and full splash board, gas cooktop, stainless steel appliances, dining, living, office, bathroom, sunroom, maple wood accents throughout. Hardwood floors throughout.
Second floor: Master bedroom (carpet) and bath (double shower, toilet, double vanity, granite, (tile), double closets, full size laundry room, and two linen closets, two guest bedrooms, closets (carpet) and full large bathroom (tile). Ample closet and storage space.
Marsh views in the off season from the kitchen, dining room, master bathroom, back yard. Three season sun room overlooks well landscaped back yard with flower gardens. Large mahogany wood deck with salt water hot tub on it's own platform adjacent to the lounging deck, stone walkway to outdoor stone fire pit. Private yard in summer with beautiful flowers, apple trees, blueberry bushes, and Japanese willows. Quiet neighborhood that's kid and pet friendly. Excellent school system and located on the bus route. HOA neighborhood.
One mile to two public sandy beaches and two miles to 100+ year old Black Point Inn at historical Prouts Neck where Winslow Homer painted and lived. Scarborough Land Trust trails and Eastern Mountain Trail close by. Kettle Cove, Crescent Beach State Park, Two Lights State Park and Higgins Beach all nearby. Excellent cycling, running, kayaking, and paddling boarding. 18 minutes to the Old Port of downtown Portland, 15 minutes to the Portland Jetport and Maine Mall, and Maine Medical Center. One hour to the lakes region and ski mountain.
Home is heated with oil - forced hot water, oil furnace in the basement, and new Mitsubishi cooling system located on both levels. Wood burning fireplace located in the living room. Budures furnace 2009. Roof 2014. Mitsubishi heat and cooling (2013). Kohler generator installed 2019.
Two car attached garage and full basement for storage. Large front porch and large deck in the backyard.
Real estate tax: $6,500 annual. HOA: $500 annual. Low utility costs.
- Stories: 2
- Square Feet: 2,105
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 3
Additional Rooms: 7
Heating & Cooling
- Central AC
- Central Heating
- Built in: 1995
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 0.65 Acres
Parking: 2 Spaces
- Attached Garage
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2020. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed