|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
1906 Craftsman Bungalow 3 bedroom plus 1 bedroom apartment plus more
3016 Deakin St, Berkeley
Come to our Open House June 1st Saturday, 2:00-4:00pm
Not often in Berkeley does a great house in excellent condition with a huge lot, organic garden, glass green house, potting shed, and redwood deck come up for sale especially in a fabulous location, wonderful neighborhood, close enough for UCB students to get easily to school yet far enough from the campus to not be a predominantly student neighborhood.
The neighborhood is definitely a walking/bicycle-riding/public transportation-accessible neighborhood: Whole Foods is in the block east of the home, Ashby BART and Berkeley Bowl about 4-5 blocks west, 3 blocks to Alta Bates, 1.1 mile to UCB, 1.3 miles to downtown Berkeley, 1 to 3 blocks to major AC transit bus lines. And if you do have a car, theres off street parking in the driveway or easy street parking with an annual $66 parking pass.
The owner is an elder relocating to Hawaii after living here for over 25 years. She is committed to organic living and has diligently worked the soil in the large garden behind the home, planting fruit trees, herbs, and vegetables. She put a new 30-year guaranteed roof on about 15 years ago and has kept up maintenance on her property from the beginning.
The house will be empty and ready to sell August 1st but the owner wanted to let folks know it is coming in case anyone wants to get ahead of the sale!
In addition to the three bedroom main section of the house, theres a 1 bedroom apartment located in the back on ground level. This could be expanded to stretch the whole length of the house - half of the unfinished part already has a cement floor, the other half is dirt. Theres also potential space in the semi-finished attic.
Also the six-sided glass green house has been used as a tiny home so theres lots of possibilities for additional income on the property.
Please come to the Open House Saturday or call Sam 404-853-9990 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stories: 2
- Square Feet: 1,650
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 2.5
Additional Rooms: 3
Heating & Cooling
- Central Heating
- Mother-in-law Apartment
- Built in: 1906
- Structure Type: Multi-Family
- Lot Size: 4,195 Sq. Ft.
- Fenced Yard
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2020. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at email@example.com or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed