|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
THIS FLAT AND LEVEL CLEARED ONE HALF ACRE LOT IS LOCATED IN TOWN IN MOUNTAIN CITY. IT IS ON A DEAD END VERY QUIET STREET. THE PROPERTY TAXES ARE VERY LOW AT ABOUT $100 PER YEAR.
THE LOT ZONED R-2 WHICH MEANS YOU HAVE THE OPTION TO BUILD TWO HOMES OR TWO MOBILE HOMES, AND SHEDS AND GARAGES ARE UNRESTRICTED. YOU CAN ALSO USE THE PROPERTY FOR RVS OR STORAGE, OR PRACTICALLY ANY OTHER USE YOU WANT. THERE ARE NO BUILDING CODES HERE AND HOMEOWNERS ARE ALLOWED TO BE THEIR OWN BUILDERS. THERE ARE QUARRIES CLOSE BY FOR GRAVEL, CONCRETE, AND BUILDING SUPPLIES FROM SAW MILLS AND HARDWARE STORES.
A SIMPLE BUILDING PERMIT ONLY REQUIRES THAT YOU PRESENT HOW MUCH YOU ARE GOING TO SPEND, AND A SMALL FEE IS CHARGED FOR THE PERMIT. THE ONLY REGULATIONS ARE A SET BACK ON ALL SIDE OF ABOUT 10 FT AND A FOUNDATION INSPECTION AND A FINAL ON THE ELECTRICAL - AND THAT IS ALL. I DO NOT BELIEVE A PERMIT IS REQUIRED AT ALL IF YOU WANT TO PUT IN A COUPLE OF RV PADS.
THERE IS NO JUNK OR UNSIGHTLY VIEWS ON ANY SIDE OF THE PROPERTY. IN THE SUMMER THERE IS MOUNTAIN AND SUNSET VIEWS TO THE WEST. IN THE WINTER THERE ARE MOUNTAIN VIEWS TO THE SOUTH AND THE WEST.
THIS LOT IS LONG AND SKINNY AND MEASURES 90 FT WIDE BY 296 FT LONG. THE BACK OF THE LOT HAS TALL TREES AND WILDFLOWERS WITH NICE SHADE IN THE SUMMER. THERE IS ALSO A SMALL CREEK IN THE WOODS THAT BORDERS THE VERY BACK SIDE OF THE PROPERTY, BUT NOT ON THE LOT.
THE LOT IS LOCATED JUST 20 MINUTES TO WATAUGA LAKE, WHICH IS 35 MILES LONG AND HAS BEEN NAMED ONE OF THE CLEANEST LAKES IN THE COUNTRY. THE BASS IN THE LAKE ARE HUUUGGEE!
THIS IS RIDING HEAVEN FOR MOTORCYCLES ! NO TRAFFIC AND GORGEOUS MOUNTAINS AND WATERFALLS EVERYWHERE YOU GO!
THE LOT IS LOCATED 5 MINUTES TO THE SNAKE. THE 8000 ACRE DOE MOUNTAIN ATV PARK, THE BLUE RIDGE PARKWAY, ARE BOTH WITHIN 20-30 MINS. JOHNSON COUNTY ALLOWS ALL ATVS TO RIDE ON ALL PAVED ROADS BECAUSE OF THE ATV PARK.
THE LOT IS ONLY TWO MINUTES FROM ALL STORES AND BUSINESSES HERE IN TOWN.THIS TOWN ALSO JUST PASSED LIQUOR LICENSES TO RESTAURANTS AND WE NOW HAVE PACKAGES STORES AND ABC STORES COMING SOON.
WE ALSO HAVE 8 FAST FOOD CHAIN RESTAURANTS AND A NICE VARIETY OF OTHER LOCAL RESTAURANTS. WE HAVE EVERYTHING YOU NEED THAT A SMALL TOWN WITH NO TRAFFIC HAS TO OFFER, AND WITH CLOSE PROXIMITY TO 6 LARGER CITIES. POLICE AND FIRE DEPT CAN RESPOND WITHIN MINUTES.
THIS IS A GREAT PLACE IF YOU LOVE BEAUTIFUL MOUNTAIN VIEWS AND SUNSETS, RIGHT FROM THIS LOT!
WATER, SEWER AND POWER IS LOCATED RIGHT AT THE STREET AND HOOK UP FEE IS VERY INEXPENSIVE. FOR ABOUT $ 33 A MONTH, YOU GET NICE QUALITY WATER, SEWER, AND GARBAGE PICK UP TWICE A WEEK.
EASY ACCESS FROM 3 DIFFERENT STREETS AND BIG RIGS CAN GET IN HERE.
IT WAS MY IDEA HERE TO PUT UP A 3 CAR METAL GARAGE AND MAKE ON OF THE BAYS AN EFFICIENCY APT. NEAR THE BACK OF THE LOT, ALSO PUT IN A DECK WITH ROOF FOR A PARTY PAVILION, WITH FIRE PIT AND HAMMOCKS IN THE SHADE. PUT IN 4-6 RV PADS FOR MY FRIENDS TO COME TO RIDE BY THE WEEK OR MONTH.
WHEN THIS WAS DONE, IT WOULD BE AN INCOME PRODUCING PROPERTY WITH A HIGH RESALE VALUE.
I HOWEVER CANNOT DO THIS AT THIS TIME AS I WAS IN A VERY TERRIBLE DIVORCE AND JUST WANT TO SELL EVERYTHING I OWN AND LEAVE NOW.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CALL OR TEXT 828-773-4053
(I AM NOT A REALTOR. I AM THE SOLE OWNER OF THE PROPERTY)
- Square Feet: 21,780
- Structure Type: Farm/Land
- Lot Size: 0 Acres
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed