|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
Million Dollar View, Half the Price!
Versatility allows this functionally designed Alaska Craftsman home to be utilized as a four-bedroom single-family residence with ample room for a growing family, or as a two-bedroom single-family with a turnkey two-bedroom apartment with an established income stream. If you need all four bedrooms, simply open the interior door between the main house and the apartment to turn it into a larger home. Commercial zoning affords the option for the property by right to be used to lodge guests, clients or employees if you choose.
The versatile floor plan features two separate fully-contained living areas with large open living, dining, and kitchen areas and view windows filled with water views and sunshine inviting you to call this place home. Both the upper and lower decks feature ocean views and are beautifully detailed with Trex composite decking and stainless cable railing for seamless views.
The upper unit features a large living room, dining area and kitchen under cathedral ceilings opening onto a large deck with a view that has been called stunning, insane, epic and dynamic due to its changing sunsets and dynamic wildlife and boating traffic, and the lower with a private deck of its own and unimpeded views. The fully-furnished lower two-bedroom one bath apartment, with versatile separate entrance or interior entrance to be used as extra family space, has its own living room kitchen and laundry. The apartment amenities garner an established rental stream with returning guests.
The ample 10,938 sf lot is nestled up at the top end of a cul-de-sac that enjoys all day sunlight and features just enough elevation to provide for dynamic 180-degree views of wildlife and boating traffic. With over 100 of elevation, the lot overlooks the iconic Old Sitka Rocks, a rookery for birds and varied marine life. The lot is leveled and graded allowing ample boat parking as well as room for as many as six vehicles. The grass-free landscaped lot has been designed for privacy with terraced areas for quiet enjoyment and a private terraced hot tub area that affords ocean and sunset viewing. The 352sf garage affords just enough space to meet your car or dry storage needs, and there is a generous crawl space area to satisfy your dry storage needs.
Upgrades: upper and lower kitchens remodeled with new appliances and countertops, and energy efficiency upgrades to include heat pump primary heating, toyo secondary heating and electric baseboard backup heating. Home Features: HRV Air Exchange System with HEPA Filtering, upgraded windows/doors, refurbished decking with Trex and stainless-steel cable railing, and a 5-Star Energy Rating.
1% Buyers Agent Fee Considered
1% Minimum Earnest Money
- Square Feet: 2,183
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 3
Additional Rooms: 4
- Mother-in-law Apartment
- Built in: 1992
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 10,938 Acres
- Attached Garage
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed