|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
This two storey house was custom made for the owner who is a New York Interior Designer. With nearly 3000 square feet of air-conditioned space and an additional 500 feet of living area, it is a delight to both live and entertain in. There are three bedrooms and 3 1/2- baths. The Master bedroom is large (200+ square feet) with floors of solid Brasilian cherrywood.The Bath has a 4x6 shower with genuine Grohe thermostatic mixing valves. The Garden tub is a real Jacuzzi whirlpool. The floor and walls are covered in Brazilian slate. There are Toto sinks, toilet and bidet as well as Grohe faucets. All lighting is low voltage and there is a sound system in both bedroom and bath.
There is a custommade kitchen with stainless steel appliances. The island has a heavy duty stainless steel top with a large 30"L sink. The cabinetwork is fabricated of solid Hickory wood. The appliances are surfaced in stainless steel and the range is a dual-fuel system. The hot water heater, heating system,clothes dryer and cooktop are natural gas-fired units. The lower level common areas have a floor and baseboards of genuine Mexican Saltillo tile. The formal dining room is separated from the great room by a wood-burning fireplace, open on two sides. The built-in cabinetry and bar with wine closet is made of Hickory wood and glass to complement the kitchen cabinets.
The office loft overlooks the living area via a 23 foot high ceiling. The two guest rooms are large with walk-in closets. All bedrooms have remote controlled Hunter fans with integral lighting. The other two bedrooms were recreated into an audio/visual room of 480 square feet equipped with a wet bar, ceiling mounted HD projector, Pro Logic sound system and 108" roll up screen. A separate sound system pumps music throughout the living area and out onto the screened lanai. The landscaping is superb. Termite inspections, lawn fertilizing and HVAC system cleaning and maintenance are ongoing (16 SEER) This is a truly unique home for the discerning buyer, and is located minutes from both the University of Florida and Shands Hospital. The Gainesville Airport is less than a 30 minute drive. Gainesville has been selected as one of the ten best towns in which to live within the Continental United States several times during the past decade. It truly deserves the accolade.
The custommade cabinetry in the Loft Office, Dining and Living Rooms and Master Bedroom are my gifts to you. The Bedroom cabinets were imported from Italy and cost $12500. All door hardware is Italian and a gentle squeeze of the knob is all that is required to open the door. Bedroom lighting (low voltage) is activated by remote control. And the list goes on. . . . .
- Stories: 2
- Square Feet: 3,000
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 3.5
Additional Rooms: 1
Heating & Cooling
- Central AC
- Central Heating
- Security System
- Jetted Bathtub
- Built in: 2000
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 0.20 Acres
Parking: 2 Spaces
- Attached Garage
- Fenced Yard
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed