|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
Gorgeous house -- 1,500 square foot plus attached garage, large shed and mini-storage -- that is walking distance to one of the best surfing beaches, wonderful restaurants, walking and biking trails and the new Navy facility, with a wood burning stove and a spacious, fenced yard in a wonderful neighborhood that is 20 minutes to downtown. Live a surfer's, kiteboarder's, fisher's or biker's dream, or simply enjoy the good life in the best climate in the continental USA!
Great full time home or fantastic beach getaway. Enjoy an inviting floor-plan; large, modern kitchen; two living areas; gleaming hardwood floors; new, dual-pane windows; newer furnace; freshly painted; garage; a spacious backyard perfect for outdoor dining or entertaining family and friends. It also has ocean and city views from the master bedroom's deck.
The property has a plethora of updates, including remodeled interior; newer roofs; low water usage, subsurface irrigation system; lemon, orange, guava, pomegranate, almond, mango, papaya, avocado, date palm, mini-coconut palm, etc. trees; various berry bushes; grape vines; asparagus, mint, pineapple, etc. annuals.
It is a really special place to call home in an amazing location.
Some of its features include:
* nice breakfast bar that can seat four and overlooks the stove top (which is great for food related gatherings in the kitchen)
* one bedroom has separate entrance and could be converted to in-law suite
* a wood burning stove for warmth and enjoyment during rainy days and cool nights
* 3/4 inch thick, solid maple wood floors (and some porcelain tiles) throughout
* granite counter tops and backsplashes and maple cabinets throughout the remodeled kitchen
* granite counter tops and maple cabinets in the bathrooms
* a double stainless steel main kitchen sink and a stainless steel kitchen island sink
* in cabinet Lazy Susan and spice racks in kitchen
* all of the appliances (dishwasher, double oven, cook top, wine fridge) are fairly high end
* nice, stainless steel wine fridge in the island
* the stainless steel, KitchenAid, double oven includes dual touch screen displays and microwave, baking, convection, roasting, broiling, dehydrating, bread proof, delayed, Sabbath, and steam cooking modes
* on demand, tankless hot water heater, which provides "infinite" hot water capacity and at a low cost
* reverse osmosis water filtration system with UV sterilization
* efficient, well designed and constructed, subsurface irrigation system that will not cause you to faint when you see the water bill (if it is programmed correctly)
* thick, Travertine stone tile hardscaping, including a large Travertine deck in back
* large storage shed, as well as a second storage area in the back
* three large, raised, concrete vegetable/herb gardens in the back
* double pane windows throughout (except in the garage)
* house was completely remodeled; electrical and plumbing updated in 2009
* installed solid, 3/4" thick, maple hardwood and porcelain tile floors throughout in 2009
* central, forced air, gas heating system installed in 2009
* main line to sewer epoxy lined in 2012
* French drain installed around most of the foundation of the house circa 2012
* elegant, stucco fence built in 2013
* new, commercial grade, privacy coated, sound minimizing, tempered master bedroom windows and glass sliding door in 2013
* new stucco in 2014
* new lightweight, clay tile upper roof in 2014
* new architectural shingle lower roof in 2015
* new, energy efficient and sound minimizing front windows and lower level glass sliding door in 2019
* the layout is excellent for hosting guests or in-laws, since the master bedroom suite (upstairs) is self-contained and separated from the other bedrooms and bathroom (downstairs)
* access to miles of bike trails and wildlife is just down the street and around the corner
* easy access to Coronado and Mexico beaches and bays for extended enjoyment of surfing, kiteboarding, fishing, boating, jet skiing, etc.
- Stories: 2
- Square Feet: 1,500
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
Additional Rooms: 7
Heating & Cooling
- Central Heating
- Security System
- Built in: 1953
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 6,000 Sq. Ft.
Parking: 1 Space
- Attached Garage
- Fenced Yard
- Sprinkler System
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed