|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
Property consists of a 2 BR, 2 BA guest cottage with beautiful front porch views of the mountains. Additionally there is a street level plot with over-sized garage/barn and parking for RVs, boat, motor home and cycles. At the highest elevation is the main lodge building site with majestic views of the lake and surrounding mountains. At its peak elevation a lodge gazebo would afford a panorama of unique splendor.
The 1000 sq. ft. 2 br-2ba cottage has been totally renovated, inside and out. New siding, metal roof, insulated windows, wrap around stained decks, new carport and 350 ft. well. Driveway from highway is concrete. Inside new walls, insulation, kitchen and bath cabinets and fixtures, all new high efficiency appliances, new floors and carpets. The master bedroom with vaulted ceiling has its own bath. The main bath is large, with a tub/shower and laundry. There is a new $2000 water purification system. The cottage would easily lend itself to a 500-600 sq ft expansion for a large den and 3rd br.
MAIN LODGE BUILDING SITE
This site has stunning year-round western lake and northern mountain views. $15,000 invested in highway access road, site excavation and over 400 ft of split rail fencing. The site footprint is primarily excavated granite, guaranteeing permanent mountainside stability. The lodge access road is constructed with silt basins and curbed drainage down to street level.A county "perc" test and septic permit has been obtained. Boasting 270-degree views overlooking lake Santeetlah and bounded by state forest, make "soaring hawk" a very rare building site in western NC.
This beautiful area in western NC may be unique in N. America for is varied offerings of mountain vacation and sporting activities. For a comprehensive description ask for my " 7 Wonders" doc.
- Square Feet: 1,000
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 2.5
Additional Rooms: 4
Heating & Cooling
- Central AC
- Central Heating
- Built in: 2005
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 3 Acres
- Detached Garage
- Fenced Yard
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at email@example.com or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed