|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
There is an amazing hiking trail on the property that runs next to Big Wilson Creek that enters Grayson Highlands State Park. There is also a centrally located, 30 x 50 foot barn with attached side sheds, each measuring 12 x 50. This property is extraordinary and truly one-of-a-kind! But what makes it even more amazing is the fact that there is already a well-established, lucrative vacation rental business in place! If you purchase this property, you assume ownership of the business and the website! Additionally, each of the rental units come FULLY FURNISHED, including washer and dryer (other than rental #3), and the residential units come partially furnished! This property is truly a dream come true! Forty +/- beautiful acres, six immaculate houses that are each partially or fully furnished (including linens), and ownership of a well-established, successful vacation rental business will be yours! There are multiple reservations for upcoming months (and years), and we make many reservations daily!
Though the property is currently utilized as a residential and vacation property, there are many other potential uses. Some of these include: Homesteading potential for one or more families, potential for off-grid living, family compound, company retreat, horse camp, church camp, and small farm with livestock. The possibilities here are virtually unlimited!
Nearby Attractions and Events: - Grayson Highlands State Park - Big Wilson Creek - Virginia Creeper Trail - Creeper Trail Zipline - Jefferson National Forest - Horse riding trails - Appalachian Trail - Historic Abingdon, Virginia - Skiing in Boone, North Carolina - Churches of the Frescoes - Ashe County Cheese - New River - Near local musical legend, Wayne C. Henderson - Wayne Henderson Music Festival - New River Trail - Virginia Highlands Horse Trail - Mount Rogers National Recreation Area - Next door Ashe County, North Carolina - Old Fiddlers Convention - The Crooked Road Music Trail - Grayson Highlands Fall Festival is held at GHSP Picnic Grounds in Late September. - The Virginia Highlands Festival is held in Abingdon, VA (45 mins) the first 2 weeks of August. - Whitetop, Virginia Maple Festival is held 4th Saturday in March - Whitetop Ramp Festival is held 3rd Sunday in May - Whitetop Molasses Festival is held 2nd Sunday in October - Bristol Motor Speedway is aprox. 1 hour from Highland Hideaways - Bristol Dragway is aprox. 1 hour from Highland Hideaways.
This is a once-in-a-lifetime to own that mountain dream property you have always wanted! Do not let this one pass you by!
- Structure Type: Other
- Lot Size: 40 Acres
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at email@example.com or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed