|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
A huge stone fireplace is at the center of this open concept home, with a huge matching wet bar. The bedrooms are all separate behind a hall door for complete privacy. One bedroom was refurbished as an office, the other with a guest bedroom with a mural that lets your company wake up on the moon! The master bedroom has the same gorgeous view to the east, so sunrises and moon-rises are absolutely spectacular. Windows throughout the house are nearly floor to ceiling, letting nature completely surround you. Nearest neighbors are more than a quarter mile away. The peace this location offers is beyond description!
The house is a brick ranch, solidly built in 1978/79. The upgraded shingle roof was new last year, there's a new HVAC system (heats with efficient propane), A/C on electric but you hardly ever need it. At nearly 2000 feet above sea level, it's always a good 6-8 degrees cooler than in the valley! The deck is brand new, unstained so you can choose any color you like. Also new is the spectacular Dr. Wellness spa with two reclining seats that overlook the same spectacular view. New Cortex flooring was also installed throughout last year, and a new Maytag dishwasher as well.
The rest of the house is just waiting for your redecorating ideas! There is some fantastic quality furniture you may want to keep, and the entire home entertainment system might interest you as well. Big screen TV is new last year, as is the Pioneer receiver. Cerwin-Vega speakers are older, but still do a great job. Just choose what you want and we'll liquidate the rest.
There is an attached two-car garage, and a separate one-car garage plus open carport across the driveway, as well as a three stall pole barn to store all your equipment. The well pumps out the purest water you've every had, better than any bottled water you can buy, from 125' down under. It only goes through a paper filter, no other treatment, that's how good it is! The septic system has never had any trouble, though it was pumped out a few years ago for maintenance.
There are two hot water heaters, one for each half of the house. The laundry is high-end and reliable Fisher/Paykel. With 1000 rpm spin on the washer, the dryer finishes at the same time as the washer! Highly efficient as well.
Taxes for the entire property is about $1300/year, and if you fill out the proper paperwork with the county, you can be declared a Green Zone and drop that significantly. About 2.5 acres has been cleared where we started a pasture for our horses, but needs good fencing and reseeding to be truly complete.
Please excuse the clutter in the pictures, we're clearing everything out as fast as we can. Two more weekends of yard sales and a of weeks more should completely get it done, except for those things the new owner wants to keep.
Showing by appointment only. Bidding will start at $270,000. The highest bid above that by June 1 will get this incredible million dollar view for a fraction of the price. You don't want to pass this up, this house has only been in the hands of two previous owners (current owners have had it for 29 years), and it's not likely to come back on the market again for years, even decades! Don't hesitate, call for an appointment to see it today! Call or text,
931-224-8 one 40.
No realtor solicitations, please.
- Stories: 1
- Square Feet: 2,000
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
Additional Rooms: 9
Heating & Cooling
- Central AC
- Central Heating
- Built in: 1979
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 15 Acres
Parking: 2 Spaces
- Detached Garage
- Attached Garage
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2020. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at email@example.com or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed