|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
Kayak or boat from your backyard or simply enjoy your private salt marsh view from this home, located on a dead end street in the shoreline community of Clinton, Ct. The Clinton area has been written in major publications as one of the prime waterfront locations to live in Southern Connecticut.
The upper floor of this raised ranch has 3 bedrooms with hardwood floors. The full bath has ceramic tile walls and flooring. The kitchen, with cathedral ceiling, skylights, and Casablanca fan, has Scandinavian oak cabinets and offers a great view of the water. The living room features a large bay window, hardwood floors and Casablanca fan. The dining room opens out to a beautiful three season room complete with clear pine cathedral ceiling, Casablanca fan and 3 walls of windows to enjoy the water views. The upper level has central air conditioning. A cedar deck with spiral staircase leads one from the three season room down to the private back yard.
The lower level features a large family room complete with gas log fireplace, built-in bar and new carpeting. The full bath on the lower level was remodeled in 07 and features a custom vanity, recessed lighting, a towel warmer and new ceramic tile flooring. An unfinished area off of the family room serves as the laundry room and work room. The oil fired boiler located there provides heat and hot water. The 2 car garage is located off this unfinished area.
In 2004 the house was vinyl sided and the garage doors were replaced with fiberglass doors. The front door and sidelights were replaced in 2000. All windows are replacement vinyl. Photo 5, taken from the side yard, shows the back yard as it gently slopes down to the water. The last photo is taken from the bottom of the slope and features 2 egrets - some of the many waterfowl that frequent the yard. Hayden Creek feeds directly into the Hammonasset River to provide unobstructed small craft access to Long Island Sound.
This home in move-in condition is located one half mile from the train station. From there ShoreLine East provides service from Old Saybrook to Union Station in New Haven where connections to points west can be made. The town dock, town shops, several restaurants, and several marinas are within walking distance. The town beach is 2 miles away. Hammonasset State Park is 2.5 miles away. New York City is approximately 90 minutes South on I-95 and Mohegan Sun Casino is approximately 40 minutes North on I-95/I-395.
- Stories: 2
- Square Feet: 1,850
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
Additional Rooms: 3
Heating & Cooling
- Central AC
- Built in: 1965
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 0.41 Acres
Parking: 2 Spaces
- Attached Garage
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2020. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at email@example.com or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed