|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
Kayak or boat from your backyard or simply enjoy your private salt marsh view from this home, located on a dead end street in the shoreline community of Clinton, Ct. The Clinton area has been written in major publications as one of the prime waterfront locations to live in Southern Connecticut.
The upper floor of this raised ranch has 3 bedrooms with hardwood floors. The full bath has ceramic tile walls and flooring. The kitchen, with cathedral ceiling, skylights, and Casablanca fan, has Scandinavian oak cabinets and offers a great view of the water. The living room features a large bay window, hardwood floors and Casablanca fan. The dining room opens out to a beautiful three season room complete with clear pine cathedral ceiling, Casablanca fan and 3 walls of windows to enjoy the water views. The upper level has central air conditioning. A cedar deck with spiral staircase leads one from the three season room down to the private back yard.
The lower level features a large family room complete with gas log fireplace, built-in bar and new carpeting. The full bath on the lower level was remodeled in 07 and features a custom vanity, recessed lighting, a towel warmer and new ceramic tile flooring. An unfinished area off of the family room serves as the laundry room and work room. The oil fired boiler located there provides heat and hot water. The 2 car garage is located off this unfinished area.
In 2004 the house was vinyl sided and the garage doors were replaced with fiberglass doors. The front door and sidelights were replaced in 2000. All windows are replacement vinyl. Photo 5, taken from the side yard, shows the back yard as it gently slopes down to the water. The last photo is taken from the bottom of the slope and features 2 egrets - some of the many waterfowl that frequent the yard. Hayden Creek feeds directly into the Hammonasset River to provide unobstructed small craft access to Long Island Sound.
This home in move-in condition is located one half mile from the train station. From there ShoreLine East provides service from Old Saybrook to Union Station in New Haven where connections to points west can be made. The town dock, town shops, several restaurants, and several marinas are within walking distance. The town beach is 2 miles away. Hammonasset State Park is 2.5 miles away. New York City is approximately 90 minutes South on I-95 and Mohegan Sun Casino is approximately 40 minutes North on I-95/I-395.
- Stories: 2
- Square Feet: 1,850
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
Additional Rooms: 3
Heating & Cooling
- Cooling: Central
- Built in: 1965
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 0.41 Acres
Parking: 2 Spaces
- Attached Garage
- Neighborhood information provided by Onboard Informatics © 2017. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatShools.net
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Onboard Informatics and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday - Friday 7am to 7pm and Saturday 8am to 6pm (Central time)