|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
About the house-Conveniently located near Bloomington Hospital, sits this 1920s style Bloomington Bungalow with 2 Bedrooms and 1 Bath. Beautiful hardwood floors in living, dining rooms as well as the larger bedroom. Carpet in the other bedroom and in the sunroom/front porch. Adorable 50s chic tile in bath room and kitchen. Basement includes laundry area, lots of extra storage spaces and shelves, an extra faucet and electrical outlets, and backdoor. Unique highlights of the home are the three season, large front porch that is screened in with windows, a 10x20 garden area with perennial hops and asparagus (currently not utilized by tenants), and a 20x30 foot wildlife prairie habitat with dozens of charismatic plant species. The butterflies love it! The home also has easy and permit free street parking. and the backyard includes a cement patio perfect for grilling and a gravel outdoor area for a picnic table.
About the neighborhood-519 resides in the popular McDoel Gardens Historic Conservation District of historic homes. This bungalow home was likely a kit home commonly sold by Sears in the 1920s and 1930s. The style and layout of this home resembles the OLIVIA homebuilding kit and its style is common for homes in the neighborhood. At some point, this home was extended to add an additional 10 feet to the back wall-creating extra space for the kitchen and large back bedroom.
The house is close to lots of great stuff and the neighborhood is constantly becoming cooler.
Walk down one hill to the B-line
2 blocks from Hopscotch Coffee & Cardinal Spirits
4 blocks from Kroger
Close to Switchyard park
Bike to Memorial Union in 10 minutes
About the sale-I have moved to Kansas and am selling my lovely Bloomington home this summer, for sale by owner. I purchased the home as a pre-foreclosure 7 years ago and have rented it to careful and clean tenants the past two years for $1130/month. The home is currently rented until August 4th 2019. Please be respectful of the current tenants privacy.
There will be a showing weekend during May 10-12th 2019. Email with any questions, to schedule a showing appointment, and for a google drive link to more pictures of the home. Home includes newer fridge (2012), washer, drier, and stove. Roof, furnace and air conditioner are older and fully functional. The electrical system was updated in 2015. Given that I reside in another state, the house will be sold As Is. I will likely have the home inspected and the inspection report available at the time of showing.
- Stories: 2
- Square Feet: 921
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 1
Additional Rooms: 6
Heating & Cooling
- Central AC
- Central Heating
- Built in: 1925
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 6,624 Sq. Ft.
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed