|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
Upon entry into the front door with a one of a kind stained glass window, your eyes will be drawn to the exposed brick wall with its subtle mix of earth tones, which runs the length of the house. You will note the slate entry and the carbonized vertical bamboo floors as well as the 10 ceilings. The gourmet kitchen boasts bar seating, granite countertops of Crystal Azul with one of a kind custom cabinetry of Brazilian Lacewood, Black Walnut and Mahogany to provide a warm and inviting feel. Blue slate tile floors set off the granite countertops. All of the high-end appliances convey including the Sub-Zero refrigerator and Miele Incognito dishwasher with matching custom cabinetry panels; five-burner Thermador gas cooktop with concealable downdraft. The cooktop sits beside the Thermador Warming Drawer, Oven and GE Microwave, all in black. The custom cabinets also include two hidden cabinets and a hidden breaker panel with easy access next to the Refrigerator, as well as a pantry cabinet with three drawers and customizable shelving. With your choice of a front or back stair case to access the upstairs, you will find two large bedrooms with generous double door closets and a master suite to make your relatives jealous! As you walk up the front, wrought iron staircase, notice the exposed Mortice & Tenon joinery of the original joists that support the second floor. Along with the two front bedrooms you will find a full bath with tub/shower combo in what used to be the Trunk Room of the house. The master bedroom is ~ 30' by 20' with two closets - one generous double door closet and a large Cedar-lined walk-in closet which has two rows of surround upper shelving and a shoe-rack constructed with custom Maple and Brazilian Cherry finish. Centered in front of the master bedroom fireplace are two remote-controlled skylights for stargazing from your bed. These skylights are smart enough to close themselves at the first drop of rain. The "en-suite" bathroom has a Cherry vanity that was harvested from local historical Maymont park with double sinks. There is a washer/dryer closet with Miele Front-load Washer and Dryer and cabinets above. There is also a pocket door to provide privacy between the vanity and the shower/toilet area. The shower is 6x5 with two Grohe shower heads (one is detachable) and a glass front and door. As you exit down the back stair case, look up to find the gas hot water heater cleverly hidden within easy reach above the stairs.
The exterior boasts two historical porches front and back with classic southern blue ceilings. The front porch has columns and pilasters with a painted concrete pad with brick trim, brick steps and custom herringbone slate walkway also trimmed in brick; the back has an historically accurate knee-wall and columns on a wooden decked raised porch with two ceiling fans to move that summer time Richmond heat. The rear yard offers a cobblestone walk way to the paved patio for your outdoor enjoyment and a pergola over the entrance of the detached storage shed. A Super-can garbage garage was created to keep the trash cans within easy reach and yet tastefully hidden away for a no touch disposal.
Other historical elements of note are the trim-work throughout the house which includes crown molding, the original heart pine rosettes, plinth blocks, and three-member baseboards; three fireplaces two downstairs and one in the master bedroom with ventless natural gas; The longest, continuous wrought iron fencing in Church Hill is displayed front and back with a blended wooden privacy fence in the back yard. Modern conveniences include recessed lighting throughout with custom dimmer controls; surround sound speakers including volume controls for each room; a wet bar between the dining and living rooms; ample storage under the staircases, under the house in the crawlspace (which has a vapor barrier and an emergency water shut off and full lighting system for your convenience) and upstairs in the huge attic (the front portion has room for an adult to stand up in a fully lit and floored section ~25 x 20.) The HVAC is a two-zone efficient gas pack system.
Finally, the Church Hill area is the oldest in Richmond, so you are just steps away from parks, festivals, fine dining, the 18th Street Farmers Market, and all of the rich history Richmond has to offer, as well as convenient shopping areas and more!
- Square Feet: 2,980
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2.5
Additional Rooms: 3
Heating & Cooling
- Central AC
- Central Heating
- Security System
- Built in: 1910
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 0.06 Acres
- Fenced Yard
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2020. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at email@example.com or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed