|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
Property has a home, cabin and wood shed. Home and cabin have an attached garage. Sited on 2.6 acres with beautiful river frontage where forget-me-nots and marsh marigolds bloom. Surrounded by forest of pine, oak, aspen, birch and balsam fir. Very quiet and private lot. Small pier on the river for boat launching. River enters a chain-of-lakes for more paddling. State forest on the north boundary for easy access to outdoor activities. An exceptional bike path is at the head of the access road. Snowmobile trails are located throughout the area and are easily accessible. Wildlife viewing is just outside the windows or from two balconies. Shopping and dining opportunities are nearby. Lots of guest parking on site.
Home (built 2004):
Level 1 -
Covered entry has etched glass window of a wood nymph and view through to the forest
The Great Room (living, dining, kitchen) has big windows, like being in tree-house
Soapstone wood burning Tulikivi stove from Finland is a Great Room centerpiece with glass fire doors
Sun Porch with handy access to the kitchen is a three-season room with river view
Large "Pantry" adjoins the great room
Full Bathroom has a 6 foot tub/shower and is next to large Utility and Coat rooms
Utility Room has door to attached garage
Master Bedroom has a large window view toward the river, two walk-in closets and a full bathroom
Level 2 -
Unique architectural bridge on second level joins two dens/offices & guest bedroom
Guest room has walk-in closet and access to a north balcony
One den has access to south balcony, second den has two large storage areas
Full bath by guest room
Eight foot ceiling with walk-out facing the river and lots of storage for boats and bikes
Has attached work bench and boat rack
Cabin (built 1994):
Living/kitchen area with a Jotul wood stove, very cozy, and full bath on lower floor/bay
Large Loft area is a master bedroom
One-car Garage in other bay
Has electric lights and plug-in
Access Road is 0.8 miles gravel over state land
- Stories: 2
- Square Feet: 3,000
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 4
Additional Rooms: 10
Heating & Cooling
- Central Heating
- Mother-in-law Apartment
- Built in: 2004
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 6.20 Acres
Parking: 2 Spaces
- Detached Garage
- Attached Garage
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2020. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at email@example.com or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed