|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
Well cared for cottage with room for another home. Floor plan and high ceilings make this home feel larger. There is one bed & bath on main level, with open concept kitchen/dining/living space; one bed & bath downstairs in finished basement, with laundry area and 1 car garage. Master bath has step in shower; 2nd bath has full size tub. The garage has enclosed storage and a work bench. Heating system includes a whole house humidifier. There is a large screen porch through the double doors in the living room, which goes to the deck outside and the walkway to a honeysuckle-covered arbor. There is another deck under a pergola off the bedroom downstairs, next to the outdoor shower. There is a large fenced in vegetable garden area with four beds - one is currently a strawberry patch. One sloped acre is fenced in. Three trails totaling approximately 2.5 miles on the property wind through rhododendron and mountain laurel. The well water is excellent. There is a flat, cleared area for guest parking and another house/barn/garage site. This home is very private. Driveway is 1/4 mile long with steep sections of concrete.
Seller is a retired builder who designed and built this house. This is a sweet mountain cottage with yellow pine ceilings and floors. The bathrooms have heated tile floors and dual-flush toilets. Double-paned windows throughout. There's a good amount of storage space for the size, with many custom built-ins: the master bedroom bed platform (fits queen size mattress), night stands, large dresser, and open shelves; the TV cabinet and coat/storage cabinet in the living room; open shelf pantry storage in kitchen and stairwell; and the window seat on the screen porch. Platform bed & headboard and night stands in master can remain or go with seller.
There are wood-burning fireplaces in the living room and on the screen porch. Views of Mount Pisgah from the house in winter, and from one of the trails all year. This home is 15 minutes from the Blue Ridge Parkway, and another 5-10 minutes to the Mount Pisgah trailhead. This property is 25 minutes from downtown Asheville. It is behind The Cumbres subdivision; the road is shared but this property is not part of the HOA. This captivating property needs to be seen to be appreciated.
Buyers' agents welcome!
- Stories: 1
- Square Feet: 1,065
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 2
Additional Rooms: 2
Heating & Cooling
- Central AC
- Central Heating
- Security System
- Built in: 2009
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 36.50 Acres
Parking: 1 Space
- Attached Garage
- Fenced Yard
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed