|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
All the charm and character of a 19th century Victorian combined with the functionality and amenities of the 21st century. The high ceilings, individual room fans, beautiful woodwork and detailed craftsmanship are a journey back in time. The huge living room features the original restored tile covered fireplace, window seat, and crown molding. Pocket doors, oak crown molding, swinging door to the kitchen, and ornate chandelier make the large dining room perfect for holiday dining and special dinner parties. The kitchen features generous storage and counter space with Craftmaid hickory cabinets, pantry, and center island. The family room has a wood burning fireplace and huge windows overlooking the park. French doors open onto a deck with a country view in the city. The backyard gazebo is a tranquil setting for reading and afternoon tea. Every true Victorian home must have a wraparound porch for morning coffee and the newspaper.
The meticulous attention to detail is carried over into the second floor which features three large bedrooms, retro 50's man cave, 10'x10' laundry room, and two bathrooms. The third floor is a totally unique master get away suite. It features a kitchenette, private living room, fireplace and luxurious spa like bathroom with soaking tub and separate shower.
Behind the scenes of all this old world charm is a totally up dated infra-stucturer: 200 amp electrical service and all new totally grounded wiring; copper plumbing and modern fixtures ; reverse osmosis/four filter drinking water system; three furnaces, three gas log fireplaces, two hot water tanks; and newer achitectural asphalt shingles. The double brick wall construction is massive and will survive another 100 years.
Not only is the home itself a masterpiece and a historic treasure, but the setting is truly unique. Standing on the back deck, you would believe the home sits on 10 arcres in the country. Yet it is convenient to shopping, schools, restaurants, and main roads.
The home received The Canton Preservation Society Residential Award. With a purchase price $239,900, A 30 Year Mortgage with 5% down ($13,000) has a monthly payment of $1,577. A carriage house cottage with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms on the adjacent property is also available. CALL FOR A PRIVATE SHOWING (330) 844-2341
- Stories: 3
- Square Feet: 4,200
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 4
Additional Rooms: 21
- Living Room: 35 x 16
- Dining Room: 16 x 14
- Family Room: 27 x 10
- Kitchen: 22 x 13
- Foyer: 22 x 10
- Master Suite: 22 x 18
- Master Bed Alcove: 12 x 9
- Master Bathroom: 17 x 12
- Bedroom 1: 15 x 14
- Bedroom 2: 15 x 14
- Bedroom 3: 15 x 14
- Bathroom 1: 12 x 6
- Bathroom 2: 10 x 10
Heating & Cooling
- Central Heating
- Mother-in-law Apartment
- Built in: 1901
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 60x120 Ft.
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at email@example.com or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed