|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
Log home living at its best! Custom designed and built with attention to detail and craftsmanship. Log package comes from one of the best log home companies in the industry, Real Log Homes. ( to learn more, visit www.realloghomes.com ). This beautiful log home is located within 1/2 mile of scenic Lake Shelbyville, less than 10 minutes from lake access areas, state parks, marinas, golf courses, shooting ranges,restaurants and live theater.
Situated on a beautifully landscaped 1.06 acre lot, this home features real logs, ledgestone and cedar shingle exterior, Anderson windows, geo-thermal heat, a partially finished basement, and a 32' x 26' attached garage with fully equipped apartment above.
A perfect place for out of town guests,the apartment, or mother-in-law suite, has a fully appointed kitchen with hickory cabinets, stove, dishwasher, microwave and refrigerator all on naturally finished hardwood floors. The kitchen opens up to the dining and living room area, with log railings framing the open stairway. Adjacent to the kitchen and living room are the full bath with ceramic floors and the bedroom with walk in closet. At the back of the apartment is another separate entrance, accessible from its own 2nd story deck, complete with rustic log rails and sunset views.
In the main part of the cabin, cathedral ceilings show off the beautiful log walls, full log rafters and floor joists, which are highlighted by tasteful paint, wallpaper and trim. The master suite is graced with a walk in closet while the master bath has a 4' shower and corner jacuzzi tub, both finished in travertine marble. The second bedroom has a huge walk in closet, and shares a bath with a loft area. Theopen loft doubles as an office / sitting room and a guest bedroom andhas it's owncloset, log rails, and overlooks the living and dining room areas featuring hardwood and slate floors, a massive floor to ceiling stone fireplace ( nearly 24' tall! ) on one end, and a half log staircase with rustic log rails on the other. The kitchen, with its own covered grilling porch, is adorned with custom Amish cabinets, soapstone countertops, and slate floors. Housing a large laundry room, as well as a powder room, the breezeway also has slate floors and connects the main cabin to the garage and apartment.
Built with quality and energy efficiency in mind, using the best materials, this log home is sure to impress and is a dream to live in. More photos and floorplans are available upon request.All appliances in both main cabin kitchen and apartment kitchen and laundry roomincluded with home. For questions, directions, more picturesor to arrange a private showing, please call Bob at (217)246-5403 or Mike at (217)369-0270.
- Stories: 2
- Square Feet: 2,734
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 3.5
Additional Rooms: 8
Heating & Cooling
- Central AC
- Central Heating
- Jetted Bathtub
- Mother-in-law Apartment
- Built in: 2006
- Structure Type: Other
- Lot Size: 1.06 Acres
Parking: 2 Spaces
- Attached Garage
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2020. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at email@example.com or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed