|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
The Frost Farm is a saltwater farm consisting of a house, barn, shed and seven-plus acres of pasture and forest with 733 feet of deep-water shoreline. This 7.2 acre piece of oceanfront property was named after its long-time owners, Annie and Merrill Frost, who worked the land. It is a unique and distinctive Maine saltwater farm. Open fields lead to a pink granite shoreline. The Frost Farm is under conservation easement by the Great Auk Society, through the Maine Heritage Trust due to its historical, pastorial, and asthetic uniqueness. Mainpoints of easement: no public access, no obstrucing views, no subdividing, no second homestead and limit on sq ft coverage in building zone, no businesses except farming and professional office, 3+/- acre field stays a field, 2+/- acre forest stays a forest. Permitted: wharf, farming/forestry/livestock. tent platforms
The farmhouse is a c.1870 Cape which was renovated in 2000; a water-facing sunroom was added onto the house. It has four bedrooms and a half-bath upstairs. Two of the bedrooms have ocean views. The first floor has a living room, den, large full bath, kitchen/dining room, and sunroom with spectacular views of the ocean and sunsets. The house has wood floors, tin ceilings in some rooms, and unique moulding throughout the first floor. A new Weil-McLain propane furnace provides baseboard heat throughout. Additionally, there is a woodstove in the sunroom and a large deck off the sunroom; these are west and water-facing allowing for beautiful sunset views over the ocean.
A 40' x 28' barn was newly constructed in 2001 using many old timbers and lumber rescued from an old barn dismantled on Beals Island. It has a metal roof and 6"-thick concrete floor. A 28' x 16' finished space was constructed as part of the barn with wooden floors, a full loft and a bath with a claw-footed tub. This space is suitable for an office or apartment.
Frost Farm is located on a dead-end street in an authentic Downeast fishing village on an Beals Island. There is a bridge to the island from the mainland in Jonesport. It is a 7 minute drive from the Nature Conservancy's 1500 acre Great Wass Island Preserve of trails and beach, and a ten minute drive from Sandy River beach one mile of soft sand and privacy. Frost Farm is a 15 minute drive from Rt. 1 and 85 miles from Bangor International Airport.
- Stories: 2
- Square Feet: 1,400
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 2.5
Additional Rooms: 1
Heating & Cooling
- Central Heating
- Mother-in-law Apartment
- Built in: 1870
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 7.20 Acres
Parking: 2 Spaces
- Attached Garage
- Neighborhood information provided by Onboard Informatics © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- SchoolDigger Ratings provided by SchoolDigger.com
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Onboard Informatics and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at email@example.com or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed