|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
Magnificent estate located in a mature neighborhood west of Montrose in the desirable Spring Creek area was remodeled in 1997 and 2006. The 3619 sq.ft. home sits on 1.63 acres with unobstructed views of the San Juan mountains to the south. Home can be purchased with or without the adjacent 17 acres. This additional 17 acres can be purchased for $348,500. The barn sits on the 1.63 acre parcel. It has plenty of room for your hay with a heated tack room complete with sink, water heater, refrigerator, and storage for tack. The corral has an automatic waterer. The arena (72X138) and round pen are also included. A sprinkler system keeps the dust down in the arena. "Unique Opportunity" the 17 acres on Spring Creek including 17 shares of irrigation water. So many options, you decide! Bring your horses, hay it, lease it, develop it or sell it off. The 17 acres is already subdivided into two 8.5 acre parcels, each with their own water tap. It is zoned agricultural, has no covenants, a 30 foot easement, gated irrigation pipe, and 3 cuts of hay annually. Irrigation water is $708 annually.
Recently remodeled, this home boasts granite countertops, steam shower, surround sound stereo system inside and out, security system, central air, radiant heat, ceiling fans, central vac, spacious laundry room with storage, gas log fireplace, plantation shutters, natural stone floors, and gorgeous views from every window. The master suite has its own private balcony overlooking the canal. The kitchen has custom cabinetry and built-in appliances including a double oven, a wine cooler and a Jenn-Air Range. The spacious family room has built in cherry entertainment center and wet bar, including refrigerator and wine cooler. The formal dining room features a private patio. Beautiful, professionally landscaped yard (2007) is low maintenance with stamped concrete patios and sidewalks, mature trees, calming water features, privacy fence, landscape lighting, and sprinkler system. The 3-car attached garage with epoxy floor has plenty of room for all of your summer and winter toys and the detached 2 car garage/shop is 24X26.
This beautiful home has everything you need to truly enjoy the country lifestyle just minutes from every amenity that Montrose has to offer. You will love listening to the rippling canal while you enjoy forever views from the patio on western Colorado's long summer afternoons.Excluded: Antler chandelier in the family room
Description: Lot 20 Leather Ridge Subd. Filing No. 2 & Lots 2&3 Hughes Resubdivide
Water Co: Chipeta
Gas Supplier: Source Gas
HOA/Irr. Water: $80/ Year
Taxes: $2551 in 2014
Earnest money: $20,000 for land, $30,000 for house to be held by Fidelity National Title Co.
Realtors welcome, a 2.5% Realtor co-op fee will be honored.
- Stories: 2
- Square Feet: 3,619
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2.5
Additional Rooms: 10
Heating & Cooling
- Central AC
- Central Heating
- Security System
- Jetted Bathtub
- Built in: 1978
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 1.63 Acres
Parking: 3 Spaces
- Detached Garage
- Attached Garage
- Fenced Yard
- Sprinkler System
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at email@example.com or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed