|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
Come walk through this home to view, ask questions and get answers.
Also shown by appointment, at your conveniencecall 937.454.0735
List Price $219,900. Immediate Discount for buyers not using a realtor.
Price is NEGOTIABLE! All reasonable offers will be considered. Lets talk!
Celebrate Christmas in this well-loved home that is filled with countless, priceless warm memoriesand its ready to create and hold many more of your special moments! Your family will feel very comfortable in this well designed ranch-style home, nestled in the progressive community of Vandalia, Ohio. An open family room-dining-kitchen area is the central hub of the home, and also features a desirable split-bedroom floor plan. Everything necessary for comfortable living is available on one floor. This home offers an additional 1650 sq. ft. of living space in the very clean, dry, full basementperfect for storage and recreational space. It adds up to 3454 sq. ft., total living space, should you decide to finish the basement to your taste. A mud room (with laundry hookups), and a handy walk-in pantry leads to an attached, oversized 2-car garage with an abundance of storage room to meet your needs.
This home is very well insulated, with 6 of insulation in the exterior walls and an abundance blown in the entire attic. The heating/cooling bills are pleasantly low, no matter the season!
It is warm, inviting and flows well when having get-togethers. Greet your family and friends, as they meander along the winding walk, then step up to the southern style sit a spell front porch for some overdue chats. Host a garden party to entertain a large group of friends on the relaxing and spacious rear patio, which features a shady arbor, accompanied by the soothing sounds of water falling into a small goldfish pond, filled with water lilies. We can hear it while cooking in the kitchen, or sitting at the dining table. Few things surpass swinging on the patio...or lazing in the hammocks under the arbor. It's a never-ending stay-cation" in the back yard! The pond is very low maintenance, needing a filter cleaning only in spring, before starting the waterfall for the season. The gardens are filled with perennial flowers, which bloom every year, and wonderful privacy is provided by the ornamental border grasses. This home is surrounded by wonderful, respectful and helpful neighbors! It is also within a safe and beautiful walking distance of the Vandalia Recreation Center where many community activities are held.
Zoning/Property type: Residential, Single Family County: Montgomery
Legal Description: 2 SEBASTIAN SUBD Parcel ID: B02 00619 0008
Total acres: 0.4990 Semi Annual tax: $1,862
Year built: 1996 Levels: 1 story Basement: Full, dry basement
School District: VANDALIA CITY-VAN BUTLER CSD
Room Dimensions Level
Living Room 15 x 13 1st
Family Room 20 x 13 1st
Dining area 9 x 13 1st
Kitchen 11 x 13 1st
Master Bedroom 15 x 13 1st
Bedroom #2 12 x 13 1st
Bedroom #3 12 x 11 1st
Mudroom/Pantry 6 x 22 1st
Garage 22 x 26 1st
Basement (Unfinished) 27.5 x 60
1st floor, 1804sq./ft.+Basement (if finished),1650sq./ft.=TOTAL 3454 sq./ft.
Age: 23 years (1 owner) We had this home built. We designed and executed all landscaping.
Construction: Wood frame, vinyl
Heat System: Forced Air, 93% High Efficiency, LP Gas
Water heater: 93% High Efficiency, LP gas
Utilities: City water, sanitary sewer
Appliances: Gas range, Range hood, Dishwasher, Garbage disposal
Ceiling fans: All bedrooms, family room, kitchen and mudroom
Cable/High-speed internet ready
Smoke alarms (wired into home electrical system)
8 x 10 x 38D goldfish pond with low maintenance filters, waterfall, surrounded by gardens and patio. The patio is partially protected by a cover and shady arbor.
Patio: 33 x 45 Patio cover: 20 x 28 Arbor: 14 x 25
The back yard is naturally secluded, by ornamental grasses at the property borders.
Roof: March, 2017- Lifetime warranty
Pond with waterfall: est. 1997
Back Patio: Stamped concrete, 1998 // Patio cover & arbor built, 1999
Retractable awning: 2010
Front porch: 14x33. Poured, stamped concrete, 2000 // Arbor & railings built, 2001
Garage: 2+ car, attached, with ample storage, opener and keypad entry.
** OPEN HOUSE, every Sunday, 3-6pm **
Walk through this home to view, ask questions and get answers.
Also shown by appointment, at your conveniencecall us, at 937.454.0735
List Price $219,900. with Immediate Discount for buyers not using a realtor.
Price is NEGOTIABLE! We are motivated to sell! All reasonable offers will be considered. Lets talk!
- Square Feet: 1,804
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2.5
Additional Rooms: 6
Heating & Cooling
- Central AC
- Central Heating
- Built in: 1996
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 0.50 Acres
- Attached Garage
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at email@example.com or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed