|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
The walls, roof (upstairs ceilings), and main floor CONSTRUCTION are of R-Control panels. There are Marvin, double-pane, windows throughout. As a result of this well-insulated construction, the utility bill (electricity & heating) averaged $52.86/month over a 64-month period (downstairs only; upstairs closed off).
The exterior walls are finished with steel siding. The roof, steel with recessed screws, plus breezeways, one in front and one in back, were added the summers of 2008 and 2013. The breezeways eliminate any danger of snow crashing down as one exits and make for low maintenance, even through the winter; once the road is plowed, very little shoveling is required.
The MAIN FLOOR, 1192 sq. ft. with 9 ft. ceilings, houses the kitchen/great room, pantry, a utility room, laundry hookups, master bedroom with large walk-in closets, and full bath with jetted tub. The UPSTAIRS, 1120 sq. ft., is post and beam construction, allowing full usable space and creating 11 ft. ceilings at the peak. The interior of the UPSTAIRS was finished (April, 2017). The septic tank system was extended, from 2-bedroom, to 3-bedroom, June, 2019. Therefore, the upstairs includes a central hallway, a large bedroom (originally the office), a very large bedroom with an office, and a full bath.
HEATING: A ground source water-to-water heat pump system flows into HEATING coils on the main floor and covered with Italian stone. Upstairs electric wall heaters, one in the hallway, one in the 3rd bedroom, and a larger 220 in the extra large bedroom were added (April, 2017). There is a wood burning stove in the great room, which heats the entire house, and, with a generator wired to service the house (lights, microwave, refrigerator, freezers, well, water from storage tank), the house is totally functional in case of a power outage.
APPLIANCES included with the house are refrigerator, range/oven, microwave, dishwasher, air-to-air exchanger, and three low energy electric hot water heaters (two are backup for HEAT PUMP system, but have never been used).
Note: Toilets hang off-the-wall; great for cleaning!
The 576 sq. ft. detached, steel-roofed, steel-sided, frame construction, GARAGE/SHOP has one centered car door, and is surrounded by an area wired for a shop. The attic of the garage/shop is built to hold weight (i-beams), a perfect place for storage. (The crawl space under the main house is 54 inches deep, again, a place for storage.)
This property has two wells.
1. The domestic well (great tasting water with zero iron) was drilled in 1998 to a depth of 100' and developed up to 2 gpm. It could have been further developed then and could be further developed now. The static water line has actually increased. This water is then pumped into a 2100-gallon underground, cement, storage tank, and from there into the house.
2. A natural SPRING, used to run a sawmill in the 1940s, in a 20' deep culvert, surrounded by an octagon, newly painted, at the low end of the property, pumps at 20 gals/minute into an 1100-gallon surface storage tank at the high end of the property. This water is then dripped by surface water lines for irrigation. Conversion of this well for domestic use could be accomplished without great difficulty. A brand new 1 and 1/2 HP 20 GPM Pump/Motor/Control Box was installed on May 1, 2019.
Water Rights for both of these wells were applied for and obtained.
After purchasing the 10 acres of bare land in 1992, we commercially logged, selectively, not clear cutting, and pulled off half the purchase price from the 10 acres. We then planted hundreds of indigenous TREES (Douglas/red fir, grand/white fir, Ponderosa pine/bullpine, Western Larch/tamarack, white pine), a number of oak and maple, many cedar & black walnut trees in cages to protect them from the deer, and Norway & blue spruce along two of the property lines. Since that time, we have maintained the forest only by removing the dead trees for firewood but never logged again. The new owners, therefore, could once again decrease their purchase price, by selectively logging, without significantly changing the beauty of the forest. In addition, the new owners could continue to have nine of the ten acres classified as a tree farm, which has significantly decreased our land taxes over the years.
MISC.: Garden area (but would need fencing to protect from the deer), septic sewer system, exterior lighting above garage, MKI fire protection district, School District #271.
Financial Information: No assumable mortgage. Parcel Number: 49N 04W-04-6950
DIRECTIONS: South Hwy 95 for 8 miles, Left on Kidd Island Bay Road 0.5 mile, Right on Tall Pines Road 0.5 mile. House is on the right side of the road through a green metal farm gate and up the hill.
- Stories: 2
- Square Feet: 2,312
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
Additional Rooms: 16
- Great Room/Kitchen: 27 x 17
- Pantry: 9 x 7
- Master Bedroom: 20 x 12
- WalkInCloset: 11 x 7
- MasterBath: 12 x 6
- Office: 18 x 16
- Bedroom 2: 27 x 17
- Bathroom 2: 8 x 5
- Hallway (upstairs): 15 x 10
- Entrance (downstairs: 8 x 6
- Garage: 24 x 24
- Jetted Bathtub
- Built in: 1997
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 10.02 Acres
Parking: 2 Spaces
- Detached Garage
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed