|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
Gutters are hooded and maintenance-free.
All windows are thermal (insulated), tilt in, vinyl windows.
There are three BRs on second floor with one full bath.
An upstairs addition has been built, ready to expand one BR into a vast Mstr. BR Suite with master bath, walk-in closets, etc. as per buyer's time and choice of finishes.
Two baths are tiled, upstairs with tub/shower and double sinks. Main floor bath has laundry and fully tiled shower and linen closet.
Finished walk-up attic has two more connected rooms, awning windows and a closet.
Formal living room has hand-pieced crown molding.
DW (with stainless interior) and stainless refrigerator are recent purchases.
Range/oven will be buyer's option. Space for it will allow a 36" range and 5-6 burners. There are also options for venting that will be left to the buyer.
Entire upstairs floors are hardwood original to the house. Formal (front) sitting room also has hardwood flooring, stained darker.
Open plan dining and great room is carpeted. Replacement flooring for this area will be buyer's option (in-floor radiant heat with new carpet, hardwood, etc.)
Kitchen floor is vinyl sheeting.
Kitchen cabinets are cherry, most painted off-white, some stained in cherry. Counters are black granite and baking counter is end-grain butcher's block. The double sink is stainless and is a farm style or "apron" sink.
Kitchen lights include recessed lighting and under cabinet LED lights.
Kitchen is open to the dining area, separated by a large peninsula with plenty of storage and large granite counter.
Dining area, with a large picture window, can accommodate dining table with up to ten seats comfortably.
Back yard is very private with a 6 ft. privacy fence on one side and the sundeck on the other.
In-ground pool is 16ft. X 32ft. and all pool equip. as well as solar heaters, Polaris automatic sweeper are included in the sale. The pool is equipped with an under water light, rubber lining and a roller for a solar cover.
Recommended pool service is local and can be hired for only open/close for season or on a continual maintenance throughout the season.
Pool house is large enough for a play/party room and can be used as guest space in warm weather. It has a bathroom with extra wide shower. Sliders allow easy access to the pool. Heat can easily be brought in as there is a gas line in place. There are built in seating and shelving/storage as well as a tiled counter for hobbies/crafts or food prep/service for pool parties.
The great room has cathedral ceiling and cherry wainscoting all around.
Fireplace in the great room has pellet stove insert. It can be converted back to gas.
Sliders in the great room open onto a back deck (separate from the pool deck) with a pergola. A second furnace in great room is ready to be hooked up to a compressor for AC. Built-in shelving around the fireplace with adj. glass shelves matching the wainscoting around the perimeter.
One of two entrances off of the driveway leads into the great room next to a large closet that offers ample storage for coats, shoes and everything else.
The property is walking/biking distance to Meadville Area Rec Complex (pool and ice skating), Middle and High School Campus, School Athletic Field, East End Elementary and Allegheny College.
Short, cobblestone, dead-end street, with little traffic is very quiet.
Wooded lots next door and behind property offer safe play areas for kids.
Extra long partially new concrete driveway can accommodate up to four vehicles.
Detached, one car garage has overhead door opener, and is extra deep, with ample storage in the back for yard equip. auto supplies, etc. The pool house is accessible through the back of the garage. There is a pull-down ladder for much more storage above the garage.
Public (city) water and sewer service.
Property + School TAXES (approx. $3500/yr) ARE MUCH LOWER THAN THOSE ON N. MAIN STREET.
THIS PROPERTY WAS PROFESSIONALLY APPRAISED FOR $135,000 15 YRS AGO, before any of the recent work/improvements/upgrades and additions listed here.
Home Warranty Insurance (Covers repairs/replacements for fixtures that are not in working order) for a year following purchase will be paid for by the seller.
- Stories: 3
- Square Feet: 2,200
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 3
Additional Rooms: 2
Heating & Cooling
- Central Heating
- Built in: 1938
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: N/A
Parking: 1 Space
- Detached Garage
- Fenced Yard
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2020. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed