|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
Highly recommend you watch the video tour linked on this page. This home is luxury in the country. A great place to raise kids, let the grand kids run free, or relax by yourself. Built in 1973, this wood frame home is finished in stucco and has a poured concrete basement. The overall style is reminiscent of german chalets with the addition of a church-like stone tower. The property has been lovingly brought back to life over the past 10 years by the current owners. The roof was fully replaced in 2011. The kitchen was expanded and updated in 2010 and the full basement, complete with slate pool table, has been partially finished with half for living and gaming, half for storage. You'll find hardwood oak floors throughout the first level as well as a working wood burning buck stove in the great room. Along with the kitchen and great room, the first floor features a mud room, large pantry, dining room, half bath, office (or small bedroom), the master bedroom and full bath with shower. The foyer, referred to as the "castle room" features a spiral staircase. Upstairs has a full bath with shower/bathtub combination, plus a large bedroom and secondary bedroom with walk-in closet.
The outdoors has been greatly improved as well. You'll find a huge 70 x 40 steel barn with large overhead garage door and car port. Also a basketball court and large covered porch for backyard living, which can also be used as a car port. Oak, pine, and maple trees line the property. You'll also find mature apple trees, mulberry trees, blackberries, raspberries, and concord grapes. A large area has been cleared for gardening and a 250 gallon water tower is already in place for irrigation. It's the perfect place for homesteading. A large chicken coop is also in place, ready to go for fresh eggs. The large backyard also features a burn pit, a fire pit, as well as walking trails and a 100 yard shooting range complete with dirt backstop. If you're looking for country living, a homesteading opportunity, a good neighborhood with friendly neighbors -- this home has a country address, but 10 to 15 minute access to pretty much any amenity you could need.
If you're interested, please call Henry for more details at 937-422-2581
Prospective buyers should understand that a family with small children lives here and the house will likely not be in "pristine" condition during showings.
- Stories: 3
- Square Feet: 3,200
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 3
Additional Rooms: 6
Heating & Cooling
- Central AC
- Central Heating
- Security System
- Built in: 1973
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 5.10 Acres
Parking: 1 Space
- Detached Garage
- Attached Garage
- Fenced Yard
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at email@example.com or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed