|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
I have lived in this property full-time for more-than four years. My neighbors are friendly, polite, respectful, encouraging, appreciative, and humanistic. A major city-oriented buyer is the perfect fit for understanding the diversity and social rhythms. It's an urban, "city scene", with all the urban dynamics.
- Corner lot
- Zoned multi-family, 2-building max.
- Main street (heavy-trafficked, main thoroughfare per DOT metrics)
- Two physical addresses: 717 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd and 1310 Division Avenue. You can build TWO distinct structures on this lot, but you cannot sub-divide the lot. The rear structure was bull-dozed. I don't know what the constraints are for a new second structure (size, height, etc.), or whether or not that new structure would be subject to, "historic" classification. You would have to check with the city regarding the allegedly, "180 possible uses" for this property. I make no assertions, warranties, guarantees, (expressed or implied), nor provide guidance to potential buyers. It is the buyer's responsibility to perform, "due diligence" regarding the property potential.
- If not considering a second structure, the backyard MAY be suitable for the primary home footprint expansion, a garage with upstairs office, perhaps a pool, parking spaces, etc. I can presently park up to 8 cars on half of the grassy back lot, ample, "off street" parking for the home, plus street parking, and two cars in garage and driveway.
- It is my unverified understanding the property can be utilized for limited mixed-use social-services-oriented purposes (i.e., house of worship, drug rehab, daycare center, social services-oriented law firms, etc.). Again, it is up to the buyer to perform their due diligence regarding potential uses of the property. I have been told by the city the property can be used for, "180 varying purposes". I have not verified this information.
As second owner since 1929, I am told this home was owned by the descendants of the first oral surgeon in this West Palm Beach city area. I have been told he hosted overnight guests, jazz legends, when they performed at the, "Sunset Lounge" jazz club just a few blocks south. Cool. Very cool. The property has, "great vibes".
- Gas for cooking, clothes dryer, and water heating.
- Electric for lights and other electronics.
- Full bath and bedroom on first floor.
- Located "just far enough away from the 'Times Square-like' noises, a less-than five minute car drive delivers you to the heart of the City of West Palm Beach proper (i.e., "downtown" Clematis Street, The Kravis Performing Arts Center (cultural performing arts center), The newly-expanded Norton Museum, Dreyfoos School of the Arts (a leading performing arts high school - Burt Reynold's attended this high school when it was named differently), Flagler Drive (i.e., Inter-coastal drive, "SunFest" music festivals, fireworks, arts events, green markets, etc.), Palm Beach (the actual beach), and yes, the inter-coastal can be seen from the second story. There's a performing arts school across the street, multiple houses of worship, Good Samaritan ( "Good Sam" ) hospital minutes away and plenty of shopping (i.e., stores, "CityPlace (now being renamed, 'Rosemary Square'", movie theaters, CVS, Whole Foods, Home Depot, gas stations, the Palm Beach Lakes Outlet Mall, etc.), and minutes to board a, "Bright Line" train to Fort Lauderdale or Miami. Perhaps best of all, a ten minute car drive delivers you to Palm Beach International Airport (PBI).
To view the property:
Buyer-brokers ARE welcome. To discourage, "Sunday shoppers" and for security reasons, all prospective buyers MUST submit a notarized bank letter stating their ability to purchase this property with cash on-hand, via bank letterhead, accompanied with the explicit authorization SELLER (me) is authorized to verify the funds exist BEFORE prospective buyer and-or their fiduciary buyer-broker is-are permitted view the property. No exceptions.
SALES CONTRACT TERMS:
Cash-in-hand buyers only. Period. That means, "no bank financing". Why? No meaningful comps. Unique property. Buyer-brokers ARE welcome, but buyer pays buyer-broker fee since the buyer-broker IS the buyer's fiduciary. I regret I have to emphasize this point. No, "seller brokers". Hence, "For sale by owner". I regret I have to emphasize this point.
An upfront, non-refundable 10% (certified check) down-payment must be deposited to my Real Estate lawyer's escrow account accompanied by, "meeting of the minds" executed sales contract. The only, "sales contract escape clause" (contingency) is, "inspection". The buyer may waive this contingency, if desired to, "fast track" a closing if the property location is sought more-than the home itself. For example, envision, "high-top condo towers" at 22' above sea-level some day. Envision a, "land lease". Etc. Etc. Again, seller makes no assertions the property can be used for any specific purpose. Buyer performs due-diligence.
Sold, "As Is". "Quick close" possible. Price is firm. Non-negotiable. If you cannot afford this unique property you cannot benefit from acquiring a key strategic investment. My opinion.
Enjoy your day. Sales Agents: Call ONLY if-when you have YOUR buyer. Don't waste your time or mine. Thank you.
- Stories: 2
- Square Feet: 1,980
- Bedrooms: 5
- Bathrooms: 2
Additional Rooms: 6
Heating & Cooling
- Central AC
- Central Heating
- Security System
- Mother-in-law Apartment
- Built in: 1929
- Structure Type: Multi-Family
- Lot Size: 6,969 Sq. Ft.
Parking: 1 Space
- Attached Garage
- Fenced Yard
- Sprinkler System
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at email@example.com or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed