|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
This property is in close proximity to state game lands and forests, where hiking, kayaking, bird watching, fishing, and biking are enjoyed. The North Branch of the Susquehanna River flows through nearby Catawissa, offering boating/canoeing/kayaking, and fishing for smallmouth bass, carp, walleye, sunfish, and muskellunge. Other local attractions are Rohrbach's Farm Market and Knoebel's amusement park. Cabela's is an hour's drive.
The house features the main living level, with kitchen, large walk-in pantry, dining room, living room, master bedroom with en suite (master) full bath, two spare bedrooms, and second full bath. Much of the living space features custom-finished wood adornment. Ceiling fans are installed in all rooms. A fully-enclosed wooden deck is perfect for grilling, dining al fresco, or enjoying the relaxing sounds of the creek. Surrounding the deck are well-established concord grape vines, producing ~50 lbs. of delicious grapes each summer. The front yard is fully landscaped and mature bushes and shrubs provide privacy from the road and neighbors across the street, while additional privacy is afforded by a lack of neighbors to either side of the property. The concrete-floor basement is divided into two sections; one side is partially finished and the other side is finished with wash-down wallboard. Doors at opposite ends of the basement offer access to the garden and the area behind the deck. A full-length attic space accommodates ample storage of belongings. The house has a dedicated well, and has 200A electrical service.
The multi-use building has concrete floors throughout. One third of the space is finished, and contains 4 offices, a bathroom, and a kitchen with full-size sink and tankless water heater. The remaining space is open-ceiling and insulated, and divided into two sections with 6' wide doorway between. Electrical outlets and lighting fixtures are installed throughout. An 8' overhead door provides outdoor access for a forklift. The offices and warehouse contain Cat5e internet connections. The building has 400A electric service (with one main and two sub-panels), a dedicated well and its own alarm system. A phase converter to convert the building into three-phase power is currently in place; this may be purchased as part of the sale of the property. The electrical and alarm systems are separate from the house, enabling separate billing for tax purposes. The building would be well suited for storing collectibles, light manufacturing, or any other small business application.
In all, this unique property offers comfortable accommodations in a lovely home with the convenience of an on-site building that will satisfy both the avid hobbyist and the small business owner. For more information, please google "73ipr" for our website.
- Stories: 1
- Square Feet: 1,248
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
Additional Rooms: 14
- Living Room: 10 x 15
- Dining Room: 11 x 12
- Kitchen: 10 x 12
- Bedroom 1: 10 x 10
- Bedroom 2: 9 x 10
- Master Bedroom: 11 x 16
- Bathroom: 7 x 10
- Bathroom: 7 x 11
- Pantry: 5 x 12
Heating & Cooling
- Central Heating
- Security System
- Built in: 1950
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 2.16 Acres
Parking: 5 Spaces
- Detached Garage
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed