|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
This beautiful unique property on Paradise Creek, sits in an older established neighborhood in Ashland. It has been lovingly maintained and was recently remodeled in 2010, doubling the square footage to 2400 sqft, and adding a second story addition, which was featured in Home Life Magazine.
This well laid out and comfortable home has hardwood floors, 2 living rooms, vintage kitchen complete with Jerusalem limestone counter tops, Wedgewood stove, and basket recycling center.
There are three bedrooms on the ground floor, with one full bath and another half bath with outdoor shower just outside on the secluded deck, making it accessible for the sauna and hot tub.
The back living / community room with 9 foot ceilings and gorgeous natural hand plastered walls, will keep your tootsies warm with radiant heat that cycles through the stained & stamped concrete floor.
This spacious room has hosted many events from house concerts, book signings, workshops, music nights, blackberry ice cream parties and so much more. It has been a gathering place for friends new and alike to come together to create and enjoy community.
A unique handcrafted wooden staircase winds around majestic Manzanita and Madrone trees leading, to the second story.
The large bright master bedroom suite has vaulted ceilings, skylights, and views of the garden from all 7 windows.
The walls are a beautiful combination of hand plastered sand and mica. This large room also features a sitting area with a cozy gas fireplace.
Walk through the French doors to your private covered porch nestled in the trees that overlooks your secluded gardens and Paradise Creek.
The unique master bath, with pine tongue and groove flooring, has a 4 x 6 hand troweled concrete fresco with rainhead and handheld shower heads.
An additional bonus room has morning light streaming through the bay windows and can be used for an office, painting studio, grand-kids space, reading room or whatever you envision!
French doors open into your huge walk-in closet with built-in storage and lots of light.
This cozy house has 3 fireplaces (Wood, gas, and electric) and a unique passive cooling system with a 2 story remote controlled light well which keeps the whole house 20 degrees cooler from outdoor temperatures.
The large 8 x 12 Laundry / Utility room has a full pantry with floor to ceiling shelves and lots of storage space.
This peaceful Garden Way Retreat features a green house, potting shed, sauna, hot tub, pond and huge natural boulders by Paradise Creek.
The sauna transforms into a summer cottage by the creek. Use as an extra bedroom for guests or sleep soundly with the creek flowing outside your window.
This large shaded lot is home to towering oak, birch and madrone trees.
The front yard features a large circular brick patio for enjoying your morning coffee.
The property is easy walking distance to restaurants, shops, Ashland Cinema, and just up from Garden Way park. It is also near the SOU campus, Walker elementary and middle schools, and just 5 minutes from downtown Ashland.
Entertainer's Delight even to mountain lions??
This property caught special attention when a mountain lion decided to seek shelter in the cool living room and was featured on Good Morning America, Fox news, Inside Edition, and had tens of thousands of facebook views, and more Heres the story told by a friend
This home was also featured in Home Life magazine and has been on multiple garden & home tours.
Home life: No fear of resale: Unleashing the inner free form architect:
Come discover your future peaceful life in Ashland, Oregon!
PS. One more thing about catsWe would love for Belle and Sebastian to stay with the house. They have lived their whole lives here and are well loved in the neighborhood. We are hoping you will love them as much as we have.
- Stories: 2
- Square Feet: 2,400
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 2.5
Additional Rooms: 9
Heating & Cooling
- Central Heating
- Built in: 1955
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 0.20 Acres
- Attached Garage
- Fenced Yard
- Sprinkler System
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed