|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
A beautiful beetle-kill log home with spacious rooms, simple but eclectic design, sits on 8 acres at Whale Rock in Rist Canyon. The home was built after the High-Park fire and represents a new beginning for nature (deer, bear, mountain lion, coyotes, fox, rattle snakes, all live with you in the area) and the mountain lover. Most owners have rebuilt or will build again.
13 miles to Old Town, Fort Collins, 6 miles to La Porte means you are close to all amenities yet worlds away from city life. WiFi and cell phone connectivity are excellent. Million dollar views of Fort Collins and the Front Range await the new owner.
This home is still new and not yet finished. It has a strong well with 2-500 gallon cisterns and a completely pressurized water system. A 100 gallon hot water heater ensures endless hot water for showers in your custom master bath.
Radiant wall heaters are backed up by 2 wood stoves, one on each floor. A south east facing home with huge windows upstairs provides great light and natural warmth.
There are 5 decks, one on the first floor and 4 on the second floor (the home is built into the mountainside). Each room has outdoor access to at least one deck.
The huge gourmet kitchen includes hickory wood cabinets, a Dacor 5 burner gas cook top with hood, side by side refrigerator with filtered water, double convection oven (though one is actually a microwave) and a massive center island with Santa Cecilia quartz. Multiple seating areas and a powder room, pantry and utility room finish off this big yet warm gathering place for family and friends.
The adjacent living room also includes a wet bar and wine/beer cellar along with a wood stove for added winter heat.
A rather unique feature is the laundry room logically attached to the walk-in closet of the master bedroom downstairs. Washer/dryer and wash tub are included.
The upstairs has a large office with many windows for great views and lighting. 2 very large guest bedrooms and 2 unique bathrooms are included. The family room has a wood stove, massive windows on both sides. The entire upstairs has cathedral/vaulted ceilings which further enhances this already spacious home.
An added new fence, 3-rail wood and barbed wire combination, makes this property ideal for horses. 2 fenced pastures encompassing approximately 6 acres. The 3-rail fence also surrounds the house and out buildings.
There is a 20x20 utility building with garage and barn doors for flexibility. A 10x16 tool shed has enough room for all your tools.
The north side of the house has a terraced, rock wall area ready for landscaping and your personal touches.
The projects to be done include: landscaping, finish decking and railing, hot tub (the house is already wired for an out door hot tub), water softener, interior decorative trim, grouting on some tile and a few other added touches to make this house your home.
The owners are offering a $35,000.00 rebate upon purchase to offset the cost of the projects to be completed.
The current owners will continue working on these projects and the rebate will be reduced as projects get completed.
One more added bonus, most of the tools and equipment used to build the house can remain with the new owners for no additional cost. Who doesn't want FREE tools and equipment and some extra building materials as well!
- Square Feet: 3,794
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 3.5
Additional Rooms: 9
- Built in: 2013
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 8 Acres
- Attached Garage
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at email@example.com or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed