|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
Home is located about 10 miles east of Florence, AL and the University of North Alabama, about 50 miles west of Huntsville, 120 miles south of Nashville, 130 miles north of Birmingham, and 140 miles east of Memphis.
The property is approximately midway on Wilson Lake for great sailing or yachting. Some have circumnavigated the eastern half of the country from this area. The Turtle Point Country Club and the Trent Jones Golf Course (one of the best public courses in the country) can be seen from the boathouse. This a low crime and low cost of living area, particularly considering the amenities the area has to offer.
KitchenCeramic tile floor, granite counter-tops, Mutschler English Oak cabinets with specialty storage, cooking island with slate hood, commercial Thermador Ref. and Frz., Dacor dual-fuel stove with two ovens (one convection), KitchenAid dishwasher and compactor, microwave/convection oven, pantry, and bay window seating area.
Game Room with 17'8" ceiling, cedar walls and ceiling, ceramic tile floor, brass railings, wet bar with ice maker, and tinted UV film on windows. Two stories of windows provide outstanding view of lake. Opens to concrete patio.
Family roomrock fireplace with gas insert, beamed ceilings, and cedar wainscoting.
(3) Bathrooms- Ceramic tile floors and totally enclosed ceramic tile showers/cultured marble sink tops with whole-house hot water loop. Master bath also has therapy tub.
Master Bedroom with beamed ceiling, straw-plaster walls, study area, three closets (2 walk-in), a kitchenette (w/refrig, frzr, and microwave). MBR opens to mezzanine with hot tub and exercise area overlooking the lake and game room.
(2) Large guest bedrooms, one with access to the mezzanine.
Mezzanine overlooking the lake with hot tub, exercise area with brass railings. Bonus room with attic storage access.
Formal living room with 16'10" ceiling, cedar wainscoting, straw-plaster walls, and bay window.
Foyer with straw-plaster, 16'10" ceiling, and oak flooring with wrought iron nails, coat closet, and computer room. Designed so elevator could be installed from computer room to bonus room.
Formal dining room with beamed ceilings, bay window, cedar wainscoting and straw-plaster walls.
Utility room for washer/dryer, wall cabinets, and base cabinet w/ granite top.
Three-car garage (one side tandem) with shop, closet and cabinet storage areas with 5 ft. double-door to outside from shop for riding mower and man-door from garage. Two 9 ft. garage doors. (vs std. 8 ft. width).
Boathouse with lift with 30 x 44 concrete deck and steel tubing posts and rails. Concrete fishing bridge to island rock designed to moor large boats (have moored a 60ft. yacht, 55 ft houseboat, and 42ft. sailboat at different times). Boathouse built into rock so all supports are above the water level. Walkway has only two supports barely below water into rock ledge.
Curved rock wall and terraces with wide walkway along lake and rock terraces the width of the property.
Additional Features-Lake irrigation system with four zones. Pella windows, roof with ice and shield underlay on entire roof, copper flashing, synthetic slate shingles, metal conduit/wiring, and oversized joists. Very well insulated. Extra tall, dry crawl space for storage and easier movement. No gutters to be maintained. Remodeled 2006 including new plumbing. Dual-fuel Hi Eff HVAC units. Radon testing below the actionable levels.
Approximate wall-to-wall room dimensions:
Kitchen (includes dinette area but not bay window seating)- 21'5" x 15'0"
Family room (less angled stone fireplace)- 19'8" x 20'6"
Game room (includes wet bar area, less rock chimney w/insert)- 30'4" x 24'4"
Formal dining room (plus bay window)- 17'2" x 12'2"
Formal living room- 16'9" x 13'9"
Utility room (includes broom closet)- 11'0" x 6'4"
Master bedroom (plus study, kitchenette, two walk-in closets, dressing
area, and bath area and opens to mezzanine)- 19'1" x 14'9"
1st Guest bedroom (shared bath opens to mezzanine)- 15'9" x 12'9"
2nd Guest bedroom (shared bath)- 15'9" x 12'9"
Bonus room (storage and attic storage access)- 17'6" x 7'10"
Mezzanine (exercise area and hot tub)- 29'11" x 9'8"
- Stories: 1.5
- Square Feet: 4,365
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 3
Additional Rooms: 12
Heating & Cooling
- Central AC
- Central Heating
- Jetted Bathtub
- Built in: 1975
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 1.30 Acres
Parking: 3 Spaces
- Attached Garage
- Sprinkler System
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at email@example.com or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed