|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
Built in 1899, this home was fully renovated by one of the city's top architectural firms which preserved its historic character and charm, with exposed brick walls and original woodwork, floors and hardware. The designers also opened up the first floor and added unique architectural touches, like brick archways and skylights.
The home is perfect for entertaining with an open concept living/dining area with wood burning fireplace that flows into a spacious, updated kitchen boasting a 6' X 3' granite island, and two walls of windows that lead to a professionally landscaped, private brick patio and yard. The kitchen also has a separate breakfast nook with wood beams and chandelier, in addition to island seating, and a walk-in pantry with window.
The staircase has been comfortably widened and leads to two spacious bedrooms, a full bath with double vanity and linen closet, and a large, walk-in closet with window that can easily be used as an office or nursery, if desired. The master bedroom includes a cozy alcove for reading or dressing area, and three Velux skylights with custom shades.
The interior has neutral paint and simple, contemporary light fixtures throughout to highlight the rich, grand scaled, original woodwork, doors and fixtures. This home combines unique architectural style, old-world charm and modern finishes to equal a one-of-a-kind home in a superb location!
Attributes of 834 South Lazelle Street
More photos coming soon!
1. Architecturally unique interior designed by Baker and Hening (Damon Baker) and fully gutted and remodeled in 1981. All updates from 2004-2012,including two-stage Lennox furnace/air conditioning unit, partial roof, gas hot water heater, LG Front-Load Washer and Dryer, and custom blinds for ten windows and three skylights, plus additional updates in last several years. All receipts for work available.
2. Original outdoor porch adjacent to the kitchen was enclosed for breakfast nook or reading area, and entered from kitchen through stunning brick archway.
3. Two brick patios: One front/side patio with circular stairs leading to front door, and one back patio leading to fully landscaped yard.
4. Seven contemporary light fixtures designed by George Kovac.
5. Open first floor with wall of windows and door in kitchen leading to brick patio and fully fenced yard, perfect for indoor-outdoor entertaining. First floor includes: large coat closet, half bath, stereo closet and original walk-in pantry with window.
6. Kitchen includes 6' X 3' granite island, custom cabinets, Jenn Air Gas Stove, LG French Door Refrigerator, Dishwasher, Built-in LG Microwave and original, walk-in pantry with window.
7. Stair Case widened and made considerably less steep during rennovation w/landing at top of stairs. Note: There are two doors to upstairs bathroom, so if guests stay in front bedroom, they have private entrance to bath.
8. Two spacious bedrooms and one full bathroom upstairs, plus large walk-in closet adjacent to master bedroom. This walk-in closet w/window is really a separate room that could also be used as office space, nursery or second floor laundry/closet combo.
9. Directly across from walk in closet is a sitting/dressing area that could also be used for additional closet space if built-ins added.
10. Upstairs bath includes a spacious double-sink, 8' granite vanity, mirrored linen closet and shower/tub combination.
11. Rear/Master bedroom is entered through a second brick archway and has three Velux Skylights with custom blinds. This bedroom also has extra, finished storage space built into the wall.
12. Stunning original woodwork and doors throughout, and original pine floors on first floor.
13. Front bedroom comes with wall-mounted flat screen TV, and custom built desk, if buyer wants to keep these items. This room also has a large closet.
14. Spacious, light-filled, traditional home layout with contemporary touches.
- Stories: 2
- Square Feet: 1,578
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 1.5
Additional Rooms: 6
Heating & Cooling
- Central AC
- Central Heating
- Security System
- Built in: 1899
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 0.07 Acres
- Fenced Yard
Explore: German Village
Neighborhood Quick Facts
Median Sale Pricen/a
Commute via Transit:1.82%
Family Friendly Scoren/a
Fun & Hip Scoren/a
- Grocery Stores
- Bars & Nightlife
- Sports & Recreation
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2020. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at email@example.com or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed