|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
Custom Traverse Bay Log Home on 10 wooded acres in Grand Traverse County, MI. Over 5000 square foot, six bedroom, 3.5 bath plus large covered front porch and 3-seasons room with views of woods and wildlife. Home is constructed of Northern White Cedar with insulated 2x6 exterior log walls. Custom cherry cabinets in kitchen with granite countertops, GE Profile series appliances including 5-burner gas cooktop, double ovens, side-by-side refrigerator, dishwasher and built-in microwave oven. Large center island with prep sink and seating for three and planning desk complete this cooks kitchen. Large laundry room and walk-in pantry conveniently located off the kitchen. Adjoining dining area easily accommodates seating for 8 to 12 for family dinners. Great room with soaring 20' tongue and groove ceiling, with stone fireplace, decorative beams and ceiling fan. Main level master suite with access to deck. Custom cherry vanity with double sinks and granite counter, 5' jetted tub and separate shower, tile floor with radiant heat and walk-in closet. Upper level features loft area, three bedrooms (one currently used as a den/office), and full bath. Lower walkout level features family room with Vermont Castings wood burning stove, play/game room, two bedrooms (one currently used as exercise room), bath and mechanical room. This property is located in Whitewater Township 15 minutes from Traverse City on a quiet, private road adjacent to 1,000s of acres of state forest. Close to Vasa Trail and the Sand Lakes Quiet Area. The SLQA is a 2,500 acre tract for non-motorized use containing 12 small lakes with stocked trout ponds, hiking and mountain biking trails, cross country skiing and snowshoeing in the winter. The Vasa Pathway features a series of loops (3K, 5K, 10K, 25K) that offer users a variety of challenges from easy to difficult. Cross-country skiers, runners, hikers, mountain bikers, walkers, and naturalists enjoy the Vasa Pathway.
- Stories: 3
- Square Feet: 5,000
- Bedrooms: 6
- Bathrooms: 3.5
Additional Rooms: 20
- Great room: 24 x 22
- Dining room: 14 x 16
- Ktchen: 14 x 16
- Master bedroom: 16 x 17
- Master bathroom: 16 x 10
- 3-seasons room: 16 x 17
- Pantry: 8 x 7
- Laundry: 8 x 16
- Entry: 8 x 10
- Family room: 24 x 22
- Game room: 16 x 10
- Bedroom #5: 16 x 18
- Bedroom #6/exercise: 16 x 14
- Utility/mechanical: 16 x 14
- Bedroom #2/den-offic: 16 x 28
- Bedroom #3: 16 x 14
- Bedroom #4: 16 x 14
- Garage: 36 x 28
- Basement storeroom: 16 x 10
Heating & Cooling
- Central AC
- Central Heating
- Security System
- Jetted Bathtub
- Built in: 2007
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 10 Acres
Parking: 3.5 Spaces
- Attached Garage
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at email@example.com or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed