|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
Large front porch with terrazzo floor and wainscot wood ceiling, ceiling fan and electrical outlets. Located across the street from historic Franklin Park with beautiful view of the Park. Franklin Park offers summer concerts and other events such as Lincoln Day activities. Within walking distance to the Bloomington Center for Performing Arts, downtown Bloomington and to the Illinois Wesleyan University Campus.
Attributes of this house include the beautiful stained and leaded glass windows and doors, oak and Birdseye maple woodwork, the high ceilings and large windows, upper and lower sunrooms and a fireplace in the living room. There are two sets of double entry leaded glass oak doors with granite floor in foyer.
First floor kitchen completely renovated with new cabinets and flooring and lighting with upgraded appliances. Granite counter tops with matching kitchen table. Spacious cabinet storage. New refrigerator in summer 2018. Pantry with marble flooring.
Marble flooring and new cabinets and fixtures since purchase of the house in downstairs bathroom.
Living room and downstairs sunroom floors refinished in 2016. Parlor, dining room, hallway and library floors refinished in 2018.
Library has Birdseye maple woodwork and large stained glass window.
Upstairs (east) bathroom flooring replaced with marble flooring. Vanity and plumbing fixtures replaced. Electrical fixtures replaced.
Wooden floors upstairs refinished or replaced.
Upstairs sitting room updated with new carpeting in 2017. New valences in bedroom in 2017.
Upstairs office and hallway and bedroom repainted in 2017 and 2018.
One-bedroom apartment with private entrance faces west and has great view of Franklin Park. Stained glass windows in bedroom and kitchen. Sunroom with large windows. Like new appliances in kitchen and bathroom updated with new toilet in 2016. Ample closet space.
Portion of the 2nd floor could be converted back to a (former) upstairs one bedroom apartment. Bathroom with marble floors and stained glass window. Windows and walls all newly painted in the last 12 months. Has its own private and secured entrance. Front hallway repainted in 2019.
Back hallway painted and new carpet in 2018.
Mudroom painted and replacement of portions of walls in 2018.
Large open attic with potential for 3rd floor living. Large dormer windows.
House purchased from an electrical contractor. Electrical wiring has been all replaced with circuit breaker system. GFI outlets in kitchens and bathrooms. Most plumbing lines replaced.
Three room (approximately 1700 sq. ft.) unfinished basement with washer and dryer.
New steam boiler heating system in 2015.
Lifetime warranty shingles as well as other roofing replaced on house and garage in 2017. Chimney brick tuck-pointed in 2017. Exterior of house painted in 2017 and 2018.
Large detached 3-car garage built since purchase of the house. Walls insulated and dry walled with 21 outlets. Single overhead door opener new in 2017. Additional parking space next to the garage.
Trees trimmed in 2018.
Rear patio with large flower garden and decorative iron arbor. Low voltage lighting and central lamp. Motion detector security lighting. Low voltage lighting also in landscaping in front of the house.
Large TV antenna mounted in the attic hooked through the coaxial cable to all parts of the house and gets 15 to 20 channels.
- Square Feet: 3,400
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 3
Additional Rooms: 7
Heating & Cooling
- Central Heating
- Built in: 1895
- Structure Type: Multi-Family
- Lot Size: 0 Acres
- Detached Garage
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2020. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed