|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
Lake frontage is on a south-facing bay in Lake Champlain. The bay is shallow and most adults can walk out 100 yards or more and still touch bottom. The former railroad bed created the shoreline and is reinforced with boulders and riprap. The rocks do not extend very far into the water line (and may be reclaimed as part of the original railroad bed to create more sandy beach). The bay is a natural sand beach. Excellent fishing at the edge of the bay where the water depth increases. Boats frequently anchor off the shore, and a mooring and dock are possible.
This private get-away has electricity on site. Previous owner installed a septic system in the mid-80s. Approximate location known, but specifics are unknown. No guarantee that the system would be usable.
Used only for camping in the last 35 years, this land is filled with potential.
Accessed by a private road with only 5 lots. Three lots have year-round houses, and two are vacant land. This lot has the most lake frontage of the five lots. The neighboring property to the west has a large vacant tract adjacent to this one and is accessed from another road. The five lots share summer road maintenance costs and only lots with permanent houses share snow removal costs.
This land has not been on the market in over 30 years!
Without any changes or improvements, this would make an excellent summer camp or hunting area, either shared or private.
There are covenants on this property that restrict usage, however, three other lots on this road worked within guidelines to have the covenants removed and build permanent homes. Alburgh has no zoning, but wetland rules do apply.
There is a public boat launch a short distance away next to the Alburgh-Rouses Point bridge.
The private road is well-maintained and passable all year.
Land has been vacated (two campers were set up earlier in the year) and is ready for a new owner.
List price is only $138,000. The owner will consider financing for a qualified candidate at list price with $25,000 down and good credit. Price is negotiable for a cash sale. Make an offer today, because this property won't last long with these terms.
Owner has been in discussions with both Vermont environmental impact and Army Corps of Engineers and both agencies have spoken positively about locating a house on the railroad bed (as was done by three other owners on this road), but no guarantees are made. Property being sold as is. Questions or requests to schedule a showing should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org, 802-528-1816, or Land, PO Box 404, Alburgh, VT 05440. Due to the private road, showings are available by appointment only.
If you are a boater, hunter, nature enthusiast, or just like to get away from it all, this property is ideal. Not only is it private, but it is also convenient, located half-way between Burlington and Montreal.
There are not many undeveloped lakefront lots left, and this one is exceptional. You really have to see it to get the full impact of its beauty and seclusion. Call 802-528-1816 or email email@example.com today to schedule a showing or make an offer to join the exclusive handful of people who can enjoy this slice of heaven in Alburgh, Vermont.
- Structure Type: Farm/Land
- Lot Size: 0 Acres
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2020. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed