|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
Direct deep water access on the Nassau River, within the Timucuan Ecological and Historic Preserve. This is a haven for birds and other marsh and water wildlife.
Youll be living as close as possible to the water in this 3 bedrooms, 2 bath, 2 story home, short of living on a boat. Spectacular views of the Marsh, River and your Island like area. The home sits on a 2-acre parcel on the Nassau River with a dock and walkway that access deep water.
This is a 1940s or so home moved here from the Island of Fernandina in the 70s as the story goes. The home has a few of the original characteristics of the original home with that feeling of a cottage or converted boathouse. The home had been remodeled over the years and now has minor upgrades and newer paint and interior finishings.
The upper level has a kitchen, bath, master bedroom, office/Sitting area, and living area. An open concept layout with high Vaulted ceilings covered in finished pine boards, lots of pane windows and a patio door to the upper deck. The custom screen railing on the deck offers an unobstructed view. New Commercial indoor/outdoor carpet square wall to wall with vinyl in the kitchen.
The kitchen has Granite counters on newer custom painted cabinets with soft close hardware and special antique paint accent. Built-in Microwave, recessed Refrigerator, slide-in Range on a Peninsula with Bar and a Pantry offer a nice cooking experience.
The Bath has a white with black tiled floor and wall, walk-in shower, and a dark wood cabinet all styled to fit. White enameled board ceiling adds that old school touch. Full Frosted glass pocket door leads to the bedroom. Fan and recessed LED lighting.
The Bedroom has Stained Pine frame doors with full Frosted Glass. Hung on finished Barn Door hardware as double doors, styled to fit. When opened giving you a great view from the comforts of your bed. The room has a Vaulted stained finish ceiling with fan and light. Full glass Pocket door leading to bath. Dressing area and Walk-in closet. The room has plenty of enamel painted old pane windows shaded by tall Palms just outside. The area just outside the bedroom currently a sitting area could be your office area giving real meaning to the phrase, I just rolled out of bed when that client calls.
What looks to be the original stairway leads you down to the ground level rooms. New Commercial indoor/outdoor carpet squares cover the lower level. 2nd bedroom or office facing the water with a window view. A large Familyroom area with entrance to Lower bathroom with tile shower. Closet and utility room with A/C and water heater. Entrance to the 3rd bedroom with walk-in closet and hall to an exterior door. Laundry room and utility area inside the rear door.
Outdoors we have an attached unfinished space currently used as a workroom. Also a detached pumphouse/shed with water pump, tank, and plumbing. Artesian well with pressure to feed the house with no pump if need be. The house has been walled around for those unforeseen storms that bring in high waters from the river.
A more natural landscape compliments the house as it sports its rather newly painted cedar shakes on the upper level and newly painted siding on the lower. Concrete driveway and large pad for parking. Plenty of room for a garage. High-speed cable internet in service and TV available.
FPL will not be getting much of your hard-earned dollars.
Newer A/C Heat-pump unit in and out. Foam board under exterior siding and more recent closed-cell spray foamed rafters space. 3 to 4 inches keep you warm or cool as needed.
No restrictions in this area so bring your Boat, stuff, animals, and whatnot, but keep the husband/wife and neighbors happy.
Boat launch and Park a few blocks away. Fish off your dock or the park. Direct access to the Ocean from the Nassau River.
Pre Realtor Listing Sale at a Thrifty price While it lasts!
Relators sell this property and receive a 3% commission.
- Square Feet: 1,584
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
Additional Rooms: 7
Heating & Cooling
- Central Heating
- Built in: 1950
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 2 Acres
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2020. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed