|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
Lot: 1 Acre
3 Bedroom, 1 Bath, 1 Car Garage
Oil Heat, Gas Cooking, Property Well with Hot Water on Demand
Nestled on an acre of private mountain land at the foot of the Catskills in Wawarsing, NY, this house has been fitted with modern conveniences and design; meticulously upgraded, renovated and maintained as a primary residence by its current owner. Countless turn-key amenities, uniquely low taxes, and picturesque privacy make it an ideal permanent residence, weekend retreat, or rental investment.
Newly renovated kitchen with granite and marble counters, Omega custom cabinets, Hudson Valley Lighting and Kohler fixtures, Kitchen-Aid stainless steal appliances, hardwood flooring, moldings, and a new storm door.
Bathroom fitted with a large storage cabinet, custom Talavera sink, tiles, switch plate covers, Schonbek chandelier and Kohler fixtures.
Reliable water well system and hot water on demand, ensuring youll never run out of hot water while cooking, entertaining, or running a bath.
Electrical upgrades including LED recessed lighting in the kitchen and a new circuit breaker that will accommodate future expansion on property or addition to home.
Slab-on-grade basement spanning the breadth and depth of the entire house, including a new remote garage door, washer and dryer units, and a semi-finished 400 square foot room primed for further renovation such as a den, family room, office, gym, or artist studio.
Breathtaking sunset views from the living room and front yard.
Custom red shed, adding curb appeal and additional storage space for seasonal items such as gardening supplies, bikes, or canoes.
2 hours to NYC, 90 minutes to Tappan Zee Bridge.
20 min to New Paltz, Lake Minnewaska, and The Mohonk Preserve.
Only a short hike out the front door to Lake Maratanza and Sams Point Preserve.
Already up and running as a successful AirBnB
Whether seeking a weekend retreat or a permanent reprieve from city living, this home offers turn key amenities just 90 minutes from the Tappan Zee Bridge. Nestled in the Catskills, just a brief hike door to Lake Maratanzas, Sam's Point Preserve, and a 20 minute drive to New Paltz, Minnewaska State Park, and Mohonk Preserve. Agents and Brokers are welcome, please inquire regarding non-exclusive options for compensation. If you bring us a qualified prospect we look forward to your assistance in selling our beloved home.
- Square Feet: 1,100
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 1
Heating & Cooling
- Central Heating
- Security System
- Built in: 1951
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 1 Acre
- Attached Garage
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2020. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at email@example.com or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed