|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
Lovely Home & Kid Heaven! (Harpers Ferry, Shannondale) Will consider a Lease to Purchase as well as a short term rental!!!
Although it looks tiny, it is deceiving! Considered a Colonial, but more like a Cape Cod because the upper floor is a "Jack and Jill" bedroom and a bathroom. (2 bedrooms and a full bath only) Total square footage does not include the basement that is mostly finished or the fully finished attic/playroom and it boasts over 2700 square feet!
The "kid friendly" design of an attic playroom is over 40 feet long and 12 feet wide!! Freshly painted (ceilings and walls!). Installed new flooring in master bedroom and bathroom. So QUIET you won't believe it! Over one acre surrounded mostly by trees. Tons and tons of room and even more storage. Kids love the bowling alley play room.
Low heating bills (previously about $150 a month, but with all energy efficient lights and appliances, I am now down to about $90 a month and everything is electric!). Paved road with quick plowing and de-icing in bad weather. Main electricity line, so I have never been without power more than 8 hours during the worst of storms (only twice in 3 years!) Walking distance to river and Shannondale Lake. Did I mention it's quiet?!
Open floor plan on the first floor. Completely remodeled upstairs bedroom, nearly doubling its size with a walk in closet. LOVE it! Just completed renovating the downstairs living room by removing the drop ceiling, installing recessed lighting, ceiling fan and new flooring. New ceiling fixtures in every room, HUGE eat in kitchen (23' long!), every new appliance/item that is purchased for the home is done to improve energy efficiency. Finished attic playroom 40'x12'! New mahogany propane fireplace in entry room and installed a brand new "add on" coal/wood furnace in the basement. An "add on" ties into the current heating duct work and uses its own blowers to push warm air through. This furnace uses only wood or coal, whichever you prefer, and has massive blowers that push out more air than the regular heat pump heating system, even to the attic playroom. New energy efficient Heat Pump and HVAC system. This home is 47 miles to the Tyson's Corner Mall, door to door. I also easily make the commute to Arlington in 75 minutes or less, but it's only 40 minutes to Tyson's Corner. Plans designed to add 3 car garage and a 2 story addition. Will include those plans, supply lists, pictures, etc at no extra cost. (Value $3900!) Recently reseeded and regarded front yard and added 14 tons of new gravel for the driveway. Available immediately.
- Stories: 4
- Square Feet: 2,700
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 2.5
Additional Rooms: 8
Heating & Cooling
- Central AC
- Central Heating
- Built in: 1997
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 1.10 Acres
- Neighborhood information provided by Onboard Informatics © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- SchoolDigger Ratings provided by SchoolDigger.com
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Onboard Informatics and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed