|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
Black Island represents low density living at its best: the south half of the island, approximately 100 acres, has only three homes, of top quality, on large tracts. Darien is a small, picturesque, coastal town centered around shrimping and fishing. There is not a single traffic light in the entire county. There are two full service marinas nearby and several boat ramps. Open ocean is about 6 miles by way of tidal rivers and the intracoastal waterway about 4 miles. Sapelo Island beach is accessible by boat and offers miles of unpopulated shoreline. There is excellent duck hunting available just across the Darien River on Rhetts Island, a wetland reserve comprised of several square miles of flooded rice paddies. Kayaking the tidal creeks is very popular in this area as well as off-shore and back-water fishing, and scuba diving. International airports are conveniently located in Jacksonville and Savannah, Brunswick has a regional airport, and I-95 is just west of Darien. St. Simons, Jekyll, Cumberland, and Amelia islands are nearby. The contemporary world is far enough away that it can't be seen or heard on Black Island but it's close enough to be convenient. If you are seeking a quiet, natural environment with small town living please give me a call. Dave 912 437-5599 or 912 222-1904.
Also available on Black Island: 3 BR/3 Bath home with frontage on two rivers. 17 acres with magnificent views. $1,400,000. Price includes dock, boat lift with boat, 3 car garage with truck, tractor barn with tractor, stocked fly fishing pond, swimming pool, and hen house. Possible apartment over garage. Field for dove hunting. This is a magic place to live.
- Structure Type: Farm/Land
- Lot Size: N/A
- Neighborhood information provided by Onboard Informatics © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- SchoolDigger Ratings provided by SchoolDigger.com
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Onboard Informatics and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed