|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
Meticulous Cedar home in Andes/Margaretville, New York in the Catskills, situated on 13 acres. Approx. 2 1/4 hours from NYC. Home and property located on 2 mile private road at top of mountain cul-de-sac, magnificent views, private decks, det. 2 car garage with artist studio, homeowners assoc., alarm system. A 500 foot driveway paved in oil and stone leads to the home or to a circular entry to 1200 sq ft 2 car garage with artists studio on 2nd flr. 18 powder-coated lights strategically placed along driveway are remoted control operated. Home exterior is deep, rich cedar maintained with Sickens. 2 step entry and foundation are fieldstone.7 exterior lights and front door lock are Baldwin Brass. Both upper + lower decks can be entered by five 6' Pella sliding doors. A railed staircase leads to lower deck. Upper deck has 16'x13' awning. 12' rectangular cedar screened-in gazebo sits 75' from the house, with underground electric this is remote controlled. Just below the pond, waterfalls and dock sits a 20'x14' deck, enclosed by cedar trees and a 100 yr old stonewall. Another deck made of fieldstone is in a great location for afternoon sun. 5 of the 13 acres remain wooded. There are 6 perennial gardens, as well as white birch, variety of spruce, king maple and pine trees-landscape is very mature, maintained by gardeners year round. Homeowners assoc. includes 12 homes encompassing 500+ acres. The house is a split level. Top floor has 14' cedar cathedral ceilings. Master bedroom is carpeted, with a super sized jacuzzi beneath skylight. Floor and shower are marble,double sink in master bath. The great room has oak floors, recessed oak paneling with hand carved woodwork. A 2 sided fieldstone fireplace is shared with kitchen. The sunroom overlooks 3 gardens as well as the ponds. Dining room is spacious with oak floors. Kitchen floor is granite, oak cabinetry, all new stainless steel appliances. All doors are solid, some recessed and each room has it's own heat control and baseboard. Lower floor has 3 bedrooms, living room, large full guest bathroom, laundry,utility. Bedrooms are carpeted, living room has granite tile. Vermont casting soap stone wood burner heats this floor and upper floor via vents/registers. Two new 80 gal. hot water heaters. New washer and dryer. Outside garage there is an electric panel for a plug-in generator to provide power to house/garage. Garage is cedar sided, Anderson stain glass windows, large bay window with copper hood cover. Exterior lighting includes super powered floodlight and alabaster fixtures. There is a stone walkway leading to a side entrance. Main floor has "muscle gloss" non-stain finish, artist studio has Brazilian cherry hard-wood floors.Oak stair treads, stringers, handrails and railing lead to the studio. The walls are insulated, each floor has its own thermostat-controlled heater (propane). Words along cannot begin to describe this paradise-it must be seen to be believed. To be shown by appointment on weekends.
- Stories: 2
- Square Feet: 2,800
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 3
Additional Rooms: 2
- Outside Hottub: 6 x 6
- Security System
- Jetted Bathtub
- Built in: 1987
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 13 Acres
Parking: 2 Spaces
- Attached Garage
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at email@example.com or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed