|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
IDEAL AS A SECOND HOME OR VACATION HOME
On the eastern slopes of the Berkshire mountains. Architecturally designed Shaker Farmhouse on 14 wooded acres - a perfect retreat! Standing back 200 feet from the designated National Scenic Middle Branch of the Westfield River. Also a detached sun filled artist studio with skylight and propane fireplace is near the main house. Fishing, canoeing, swimming in pristine waters. The beautiful, unspoiled Littleville Lake is less than a mile down the road. Glendale Falls a Trustee of Reservations conservation area is within 5 minutes. Trails and cross country skiing all about you. The house has lots of light and is an artist's retreat in a magnificent setting. Many people who visit our home think that we have renovated an old New England farmhouse. This is what we wanted. A new home that has the qualities of an old farmhouse. We are also 35 minutes away from the Stockbridge, Tanglewood at Lenox, Lee and the five college area of Northampton Massachusetts.
There is lots of light throughout the house. The bottom floor is a workshop
( with washer/dryer) and garage.
The first floor is: living room with brick fireplace, window seats and open planned space with living area, kitchen ( with overhead fan) and dining area. There is a guest bedroom and full bathroom on this floor. There is a Garden Room through french doors from the living room.
The second ( top) floor has the Master Bedroom with window seats, dressing area, walk in closet. Very large Master Bathroom with large bathtub and bidet. A third bedroom/ study is on this floor as well and lots of bookshelves. There are overhead fans in the bedrooms.
All in all the house is very cheerful and a happy home to live in.
We have a one car garage that enters into the workshop space( or mudroom if you prefer to call it).
Outdoors: lots of wildflowers ( in season) and perennials surrounding the house. The river is across the road and the sound is wonderful.
- Stories: 2
- Square Feet: 1,500
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
Additional Rooms: 9
Heating & Cooling
- Central AC
- Central Heating
- Security System
- Built in: 1986
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 14 Acres
Parking: 1 Space
- Attached Garage
- Fenced Yard
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2020. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at email@example.com or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed