|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
PRICE REDUCTION - MUST SELL THIS SUMMER! ALL PERMITS APPROVED FOR DEVELOPMENT AND SEPTIC PLAN WILL BE TRANSFERRED TO BUYER AT NO COST! This third acre lot has 100 feet of frontage on Halfmoon Pond - 22 acres of crystal clear, pristine water. Located at an elevation of 1400 feet in the foothills of Mount Cardigan, the parcel offers seclusion, but is still proximate to the communities of Canaan, Danbury, Alexandria, Bristol & Enfield. You can even get a of bars on your cell phone! The property is approved by the State of New Hampshire for construction of a house, drive and septic field located in accordance with applicable NH statutes. Permits are in hand! Copy of the plan and permit approvals are available, on request. Ruggles Mine, long a popular tourist destination, is just a mile down the road. The lot is one of only a few on the water allowing views of both halves of this unique crescent shaped mountain pond. There is 100 feet of frontage on Halfmoon Pond Road, which is ruggedly maintained and allows access to NH's network of snowmobile trails in winter. Just a few miles off Route 4, Halfmoon Pond is modestly developed, with most folks using it as a getaway on weekends and holidays. There are a few camps visible from water's edge, but you could count them on one hand. What development has been undertaken strives to maintain the shorefront in it's natural condition, with existing foliage screening the upland portions of the waterfront lots where cottages are located. Probably the busiest it gets is on July 4th, when fireworks light up the sky. There is a cottage on the adjacent lot that is barely visible through the trees, but no other camps on the other side until you reach the end of Halfmoon Pond Road. This lot is very private. We've been swimming during the week, when there's not another person around -- and not a sound. Not one, except maybe the sound of a hawk's wings overhead. Halfmoon Pond is particularly beautiful in the fall, when the hardwoods are ablaze with color -- a mirror image upon the water. We've taken pictures of the reflection when the pond is so still, it's impossible to tell which is real - the actual trees, or their mirror image on the water. We had a hard time putting a value on our lot -- it was appraised (AFTER the 2006 market crash) for $51K by the Town of Grafton. Finding comparable properties was tough, as waterfront lots hardly ever come on the market. So, we set the asking price very low to encourage a sale. We are willing to negotiate, would consider lease purchase, trade, and would consider proposal to finance the property for the right buyer. Half Moon Pond is Heaven on Earth! We hate to part with it, but need to downsize our real estate holdings. The successful buyer will be getting a turn-key lot for development -- we've done all the work of obtaining Shoreland Protection Act approvals, and other site development permits at a lost of several thousand dollars, including a septic design -- all will be handed over at closing! We've had the property inspected by local excavation professionals and didn't experience any sticker shock at all about the cost of tree clearing and earthwork on the upland portion of the lot. The state of New Hampshire will allow the construction of a dock at water's edge, either perpendicular to the shore, or adjacent to it, which was our preference so as to preserve the shoreline in it's pristine condition. Don't want to develop the lot? Like to keep it simple? This is a perfect waterfront location to clear a camp site, build a platform and tent down towards the pond. Want to make a little money off the lot? Go a little further and construct a simple cabin that you can rent out on AirBnB. The options for our lot are numerous; we're just unable to pursue them unfortunately. But you can! Give a call, let's talk: anything's possible if we think outside the box. Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks!
- Structure Type: Farm/Land
- Lot Size: 0.30 Acres
- For Rent/Lease
- Neighborhood information provided by Onboard Informatics © 2017. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatShools.net
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Onboard Informatics and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday - Friday 7am to 7pm and Saturday 8am to 6pm (Central time)