|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
If you check local listings for real estate you will discover that you will not find land this nice at this price anywhere in Baxter county! At this price you can use the extra money to build your own home just as you like it.
An entire 2.61 acre homesite in a lovely area with enough space for privacy. Less than 5 miles to Lake Norfork or the Norfork River. Enjoy all the peace and beauty of nature and yet be only 6.5 miles to the bypass and all the amentities in Mountain Home including a Super Walmart, Lowes and Home Depot.
This property is located in Holiday Hills subdivision on a paved street. It is comprised of 4 adjacent lots. Each lot is buildable on its own with city water services. You can spread out on the entire 2.61 acres or you could decide to set one or two of the lots aside for any family members or friends who may wish to join you in the future. The property has a new survey. The land lays level on top and then gradually slopes. The layout of the land takes advantage of some pretty valley views. About three quarters of an acre of the land has been cleared for a homesite area and the rest is wooded. A gravelled driveway has been put in. City water is available which is a savings of at minimum $5,000 to put in your own well. A septic system will be required and the property has had a pre-perc test performed.
There are some restrictions, the most notable being that manufactured homes as well as commercial enterprises are prohibited. There is a yearly association tax which is $156 a year on for all four lots and the real estate taxes for all 4 lots are $62 a year so the total yearly tax for ALL the lots would be $218 a year. However, there is a $300 homestead exemption credit allowed if you live on the property which could make your property taxes nonexistent depending on how fancy a home you decide to build.
There is a modest community clubhouse with a fitness center, a pool and an area to reserve if you'd like to throw a party or gathering. There are also a number of small parks and trails in the subdivision and one of the nicer ones is only minutes from this property. The picture shown above of the little lake was taken there. This is a place where you can feel safe and secluded, but not isolated. There are neighbors but there is enough space to maintain privacy.
Mountain Home continues to grow by leaps and bounds as it continues to be recognized as one of the best areas in which to retire. "Field and Stream" magazine recently cited Baxter County as the second top rated place for great fishing! Land prices and values which were never highly over-inflated in this area of the country are holding their own. Projections are for even more growth as the baby boomers continue to look for nice retirement areas. This is a wonderful piece of land to secure now while land prices are inexpensive. Please do not hesitate to contact us for more information. Thank you!
- Structure Type: Farm/Land
- Lot Size: N/A
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2020. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at email@example.com or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed