|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
Three residential lots in upscale / restricted / gated subdivision with underground utilities in Phase III. Fresh surveys have been done on all of the lots and irrigation water meters have been installed on Lots 912 / 928.
Owner / Seller financing is available.
LOT - 719 = $27,000 .27 acres Has a very large live oak and a small group of oaks.
LOT - 912 = $66,000 .31 acres Has a small group of live oaks. This lot is in Phase III that has a second security gate and is heavily wooded with oaks.
LOT - 928 = $64,000 .3 acres Has a large group of live oak trees, one is spectacular. This lot is in Phase III that has a second security gate and is heavily wooded with oaks.
What's so special about Vaaler Creek Golf Club and these three lots? Well, read on....
1. UNLIMITED WATER for landscaping NO CHLORINE OR FLUORIDE and it's inexpensive. Water service is $17 per month (base rate) and $1 per thousand gallons thereafter....unlimited use. Most Texas water system rates are $4-$8 per thousand gallons and water use can be severly restricted during droughts. The water wells are owned by and located within the development and are positioned in a very deep part of the Trinity Aquifer. Droughts in central Texas are not a problem here. The Edwards Aquifer restrictions for San Antonio, Austin, and New Braunfels have no impact on this water is the under-the-radar SECRET of this development. If you know anything about the shortage of water in Texas, this makes property ownership here completely worth the price of admission. I don't think the real estate agents in the area are aware of how valuable this aspect of Vaaler Creek Golf Club / Rockin J Ranch is.
2. All underground utilities (water, electric, phone) for Lots 912 and 928 - Phase III area. Lot 719 has Pedernales Electric Co-Op (PEC) poles and wires (new). PEC has inexpensive service rates. There is a sewer system that is required to be tapped you will have no installation costs or maintenance for a septic system. This alone will save you about $15,000+ in initial septic system installation costs; in addition, you will have no monthly maintenance for an aerobic septic system. Irrigation water meters have been installed on Lots 912 and 928.
3. Gated entrance; it automatically opens in the morning and closes in the evening. There is a second gated area for Lots 912 and 928 if you are looking for added layers of security. If you want to look at lots 912 and 928, the gate code is 1-8-2-0.
4. Vaaler Creek Golf Club - 18 holes and the course is immaculately maintained, voted 12th best golf course in Texas in 2018. BIG PLUS - Lot ownership entitles you to three free rounds of golf per month, use of the driving range , pool access , fishing lakes , and pavilion / pub .
5. Excellent roads; the development maintenance corporation maintains the pavement surface and mows the grass shoulders as needed and consistently keeps the roads in good condition. There are no potholes in the roads; a new chip seal coating was applied on the main road (John Price) in late 2018.
6. The Lot Maintenance Fees (HOA) are only $300 per year and they have been at that level for years.
7. The subdivision currently has about 100 existing homes and 15 new houses under construction / recently completed, but it is NOT CROWDED. The neighborhood streets are safe for families , biking , and walking.
8. If you are looking for a SAFE and SECURE home for family or retirement, this is about as good as it gets. It's only about 45 minutes from San Antonio and 10 minutes from the delightful town of Blanco.
9. All cedars (junipers) have been removed on all three lots. All three lots have medium to large live oaks on them and no oak wilt seems to be present. There is an abundance of wildlife in the area and no firearm discharges are allowed.
10. The restrictions are reasonable, 80% masonry exterior, minimum square footage, setback lines, homes must be site built structures (no mobile homes, etc.). Existing house prices are in the $300,000 - $700,000 range.
11. The development common areas are well maintained; entering and exiting the development onto Highway 281 is safe and easy.
12. There are organized neighborhood gatherings and the residents stay in contact with each other which has developed a sense of community and mutual respect
- Structure Type: Farm/Land
- Lot Size: 0.31 Acres
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at email@example.com or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed