|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
A most remarkable estate; one of the most recognizable houses on Lauderdale, this queen of the Lakes is indeed majestic! The stone main house, stone guest house, and stone gazebo--built in 1938--are built on a unique 2 acre property that in total commands almost half the view of the southwestern bay of Green Lake, the largest/deepest lake on the Lauderdale chain. While most of Lauderdale Lakes properties are hilly, this property has uniquely level frontage along with over 700 feet worth of shoreline! It is the only property on the lake which features both a peninsula AND your own island. When you step out of the front door, you have an incredible view of the lake on your right and straight ahead, and to your left a view of the 75' bridge leading to your own island with even more great views of the entire length of Green Lake. One of THE MOST private properties on Lauderdale Lakes. Outdoor lake life in its ideal form.
From the street you pass a long black wrought iron-like aluminum fence and drive through a gated entrance bordered by four massive stone pillars, traveling down a long circular driveway lit by old-style black street lamps, where the stone main and guest houses welcome you.
Both houses are made of thick cement walls with stone, which would of course be prohibitively expensive to build today. So quiet and so naturally cool in summer it often makes the built-in AC superfluous. Entering the Main House finds a large kitchen with verdigris green floor, ash wood wainscoting, and beam ceiling. The unique kitchen island is made from an ornate wood church pew. The living room features a stone fireplace. Bedrooms, living room and hallways have original maple floors throughout.
Entering the Guest House finds a 'Great Room' featuring slate floor, stone fireplace, two story tongue-and-groove cedar ceiling, and a bar made from wood-and-glass-block. A spiral staircase leads to two upstairs bedrooms. A courtyard between the Main and Guest Houses has two picnic tables and grill for wonderful cookouts with a terrific view of the island in the foreground and the lake in the background.
Store all of your adult toys in the large storage barn and your smaller toys in the small shed.
Have dinner on the large main pier, play cards at night in the stone gazebo right on the lakefront, or hang out on the island pier or tree hammock to catch the last glimpses of the setting sun, and finish the day off with a big bonfire at the island fire pit while you watch for satellites flying overhead.
This is only the second time this home has been on the market in over 50 years. Make this the home retreat for your family and friends for decades to come
- Stories: 2
- Square Feet: 3,200
- Bedrooms: 6
- Bathrooms: 3
Additional Rooms: 3
Heating & Cooling
- Central AC
- Central Heating
- Jetted Bathtub
- Built in: 1938
- Structure Type: Other
- Lot Size: 2.02 Acres
- Fenced Yard
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at email@example.com or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed