|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
Spectacularly beautiful land barely 1/2 mile from the crashing surf of the Maine coast (town of Bristol).
Pond is man made with excellent swimming and NO waterfront taxes. There are no set-back requirements from the water- so build a house near it, extend a porch over it, driveways, even an over-water walking bridge from the house lot to a garage is possible.
No limit to creativity, landscaping, buildings, driveways, decks, do anything you want without D.E.P. or E.P.A. worries. Truck in some sand and make a beach! Taxes for 2013 were just $320 as town of Bristol does not tax it as waterfront.
Pond is deep with lots of wildlife. Beautifully designed with different areas offering various character. A dream for anyone looking for a truly creative opportunity.
Existing level entrance from the road, electricity already brought along perimer, water tests and septic design on file. Dozens of perennials planted, 2 large areas regularly mowed, picturesque forest and a large building envelope.
A true gem on the beautiful coast of Maine. The prize lot of the original owners of the entire subdivision- saved for their own use. Standard protective covenants include a 1600 s.f. min size home in this wonderful neighborhood.
The road is plowed year-round as part of the annual association dues (which are just $300 for the last 5 years).
The Pemaquid penninsula (town of Bristol) is 1 hour drive north of Portland. At it's southern tip is the iconic Pemaquid lighthouse, at it's northern base is the wonderful town of Damariscotta. Along it's shores are no less than 5 beautiful harbors, numerous restaurants, beaches and crashing surf.
Walk from your property to The Rachel Carlson Ocean Preserve or Chamberlain's waterfront Post Office(!) or dinner/drinks at either oceanfront Shaw's Restaurant or The Gosnold Arms Inn.
Your chance to build a unique home on a piece of paradise, see the ocean and Monhegan island and crashing surf every time you leave and return. Town of Bristol Tax evaluation for 2017 is $57,400
- Structure Type: Farm/Land
- Lot Size: 3 Acres
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2020. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at email@example.com or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed