|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
Five acres of heavily wooded, serene, undeveloped land in the Hoffman Notch Wilderness Region (36,231 acres of wilderness land.) Trout Brook is the western boundary of the Adirondack State Park for this property. The state annually stocks yearling brook trout in the stream. Several springs and small brook on the property as well.
The property is ideal for building an Adirondack wilderness home:
~a quiet vacation getaway
~rough roadway, power nearby; 8.5 APA zone.
~Trout Brook is at the edge of the property.
The Schroon Lake Region of the Adirondacks is recognized for its scenic waterways, history, and spectacular natural beauty. Enjoy a wilderness location that's perfect for hiking, fishing, boating, skiing, camping, snowshoeing,cycling, snowmobiling,canoeing,kayaking,cross-country skiing,downhill skiing, tubing,water skiing, snowshoeing, fishing, biking, hunting, rock climbing, whitewater rafting, ice fishing, a variety of marathons....Schroon Lake region has it all.
Situated at the base of the High Peaks in the Adirondacks and located between two of the largest national preserves, Pharaoh Lake and Hoffman Notch, the Schroon Lake region is the perfect base camp to start your Adirondack adventures.
~Seagle Music Colony is the oldest summer vocal training program in the United States. During the summer they present musical productions and Vesper concerts, which are open to the public.
~Adirondack Museum's 121-acre facility features displays in 24 buildings and 40,000 Sq. ft. of exhibitions of the North Country's history, ranging from boating to logging. There are plenty of indoor and outdoor activities.
~Schroon Lake Airport covers an area of 26 acres at an elevation of 830 feet (253 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 16/34 with an asphalt surface measuring 3,000 by 60 feet (914 x 18 m).
Visit Schroon Lake Chamber of Commerce site or Schroon Lake Region site for info about the area.
No trades, thank you.
- Structure Type: Farm/Land
- Lot Size: 5 Acres
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed