|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
204 acres, 13 acre lake, 25 acres meadows, Waterfalls and streams; very private end of road location.
Taxes: The property is in current use. Annual taxes for 2019: $698.00
Current use allows for public right away. Because of the end-of-road private location we have only found our neighbors hiking on it or riding horses in the meadows. We have always posted the property, so there has been no hunting. Current use does not allow any access by motorized vehicles including motorcycles, ATVs or snowmobiles. Our desire has always been to protect the natural wildlife.
Location: End of Tucker Road, Lempster, NH 03605 4311'31.4"N 7213'15.1"W
Tucker Road is partially town (Town of Acworth) maintained. The abutters have maintained a short section in Lempster, before the property access gate. The last portion of the road, approx
1/2+ mile, is currently maintained by me and has been upgraded to a class VI road for fire protection. This portion is accessible to travel as a permanently deeded easement from the abutter.
Utilities: There are no utilities on the property. Cell phone service is five bars. Power can be brought into this property from Dodge Hollow Road, from the East, (shortest distance to the middle of land) or continued from the last pole on Tucker Road. Several original hand dug wells have remained full of water all year round. We had three separate perc tests conducted shortly after buying the property in 1994. All in the meadows overlooking the pond and all passed easily.
Covenants: There are no restrictive covenants on the property. However, we have bought and sold most of the surrounding properties and all of these owners are interested, as we are, in preserving the natural beauty of this location, as well as the abundant wildlife.
Land & Pond: The property has no negative environmental issues. The main pond is supplied by natural springs that are located inside the boundaries of this property. This pond is one of the primary headwaters to the Cold River. The pond was 28 feet deep at the dam when it was created in 1974. A second 2-acre pond, maintained by beaver is located just below the main pond.
Airstrip: When we first saw this property, we were in a small plane. The pilot volunteered, after visiting us at the pond, that the upper meadows would make a perfect landing strip for small planes like his Cessna 172.
Timber: We had a timber cruise of the woodlands conducted in the spring of 2016. Our thoughts were to harvest some trees in a manner that would enhance wildlife usage. A large section at the
Southern end of the property, which cannot be seen from the pond, has very mature White Pine.
It has been suggested that cutting these trees would allow for new growth, providing more food resources for the moose and other browsers. While this cruise suggests a harvest could yield
$100,000 or so, it is based upon our guidelines of preserving intact large sections and all visible woodland surrounding the pond.
Shown by appointment only: Please email; firstname.lastname@example.org to setup a time for visiting. It generally takes at least 4 hours to hike and see many of the features.
Contact: Please ask questions. I love this property and look forward to sharing all I know about it.
- Structure Type: Farm/Land
- Lot Size: 0 Acres
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at email@example.com or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed