|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
This is an average-sized residential parcel in this area and vacant parcels like this are comping at between 10 and 15 thousand dollars and parcels like this are never listed as low as this parcel is. Theres nothing wrong with it - we always sell below retail
This parcel is also in an area designated as Hi-Density Zoning. This means that if you are an investor you could build for more than one occupant on this parcel and rent out your units to multiple renters.
California City had its origins in 1958 when real estate developer and sociology professor Nat Mendelsohn bought 80,000 acres of Mojave Desert land. The intention was to build a city that would rival Los Angeles and would be built around a Central Park with a 26-acre artificial lake. Growth fell well short of his expectations but California City has seen substantial population growth over the past several years. The Demographic Research Unit of the California Department of Finance estimates California City's population at three times the growth rate of the state as a whole and is one of the top 20 fastest growing cities in California. California City has a PGA golf course and a municipal airport. It is also home to the California City Whiptails, a professional minor league team in the Pecos League. But, I think that the nicest feature here is that life here is quiet, the neighborhoods are safe with below average crime levels (especially in the Eastern part of the city where this parcel is) and it has a nicely developed infrastructure and an array of services that is broad for a city of this size.
One of the neat things about California City is that because of the original, rather ambitious intentions, the city has been left with some infrastructure that you wouldnt expect in a city this size. Such as the large Central Park and the Golf Course. One of the things that struck me driving around the city is the large number of newer and nice, middle-class houses. There are also a lot of restaurants and other businesses. Theres even a new, Large Best Western Hotel near the golf course.
California City is 23 minutes from Red Rocks Canyon State Park, 45 minutes from Lancaster, 15 minutes from Edwards Air Base, 30 minutes from Tehachapi, and 60 minutes from Bakersfield. It is also about 10 miles from the Desert Tortoise Natural Area. That is a preserve created to protect the native Desert Tortoise, and according the Bureau of Land Management, it has one of the highest known densities of desert tortoises per square mile in the species' geographic range and provides a beautiful opportunity to hike about in pristine California High Desert Wilderness and spot wildlife.
California City is at just over 3200 feet in elevation and has an average high temperature of 96-97 degrees in the height of summer. In the coldest part of winter it has an average high of 60 degrees and average low of 35.
Kern Transit provides inter-regional bus service to other areas in Kern County. Within the city, California City Dial-A-Ride (DAR) Transit provides transportation on a demand-response basis on weekdays (except on holidays when City Hall is closed).
This parcel may be sold with Seller Financing. I can also make available to any buyer (free of charge) the Title Search Report that I paid for that demonstrates the clear condition of the Title going back over thirty years.
Call or Text (760) 283-7475 or email me with any questions.
- Structure Type: Farm/Land
- Lot Size: 0.28 Acres
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2020. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed