|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
It's raised ranch - which are great starter homes for new families or two or three people. We started our family here, but hey, having two daughters you run out of space quickly when they become teens; plus we need to move in the parents - so off to a bigger house we go.
We love the house, the property of our open field, surrounded by trees and listening to our waterfall.
You're spaced out from the neighbors, they are very nice and relatively quiet except from when they play smooth jazz from their deck.
The house has septic designed for 3 bedrooms and 5 people. It's the original installation, but we have it pumped every 2 years and aren't big users of water.
The house has well water with a recent (less than 7 years) pump installed. The water heater is legacy to us.
The driveway is my biggest headache. It needs to be redone. Between the poor legacy craftsmanship that built it and that there is a slight bend in the driveway at the top that truck drivers can't navigate, they chew up the ground.
No central A/C. We use window units that we'll leave. But when there is a breeze you don't need it.
Electric heat, about 50% new with new t-stats. Electric everything.
Remodeled bath less than 3 years ago.
Family room downstairs refreshed with paint and new floor 3 years ago. It has a fireplace - we don't use it much, but it works. Could probably use a clean.
The laundry room & 1/2 bath - yeah this room is not pretty - but it's functional.
Two decks - the upper one needs work. The lower one doesn't except for guardrails need where the pool once was.
The kitchen, dining room and living room are an open floor plan. The kitchen could use new floor and some fresh paint. Cabinets are great, about 5 years old.
We have air and water radon systems. Had them installed when we moved in as a pre-caution.
The roof and siding were done prior to our purchase of the home, 11 to 13 years ago.
One car garage. The other port, legacy to us, was made into a storage area (Non-occupy-able space; i.e. not a bedroom. It can be a bedroom if you two-side the wall and add an electric heat). So what do we use it for? Well, made it a huge walk-in closet for the Misses. Who keeps as messy as all heck, AND who still stores her stuff in my closet! Wives. :)
Bedrooms - Three bedrooms converted into two. We took the non-master bedrooms, of different sizes and joined them into one oversized bedroom for the girls. We wanted them to share a room. We could easily put the wall and door back and make it into 2 separate bedrooms again. They have the views and windows.
We're open to sale, rent or rent-to-own.
Last but not least - this is a really happy home - happy family of 4 for the last 11 years!!!
- Stories: 2
- Square Feet: 1,400
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 1.5
Additional Rooms: 5
- Security System
- Built in: 1981
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 1.60 Acres
- Attached Garage
- For Rent/Lease
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed