|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
Home has 3 large finished bedrooms with options for more. 4 bathrooms with showers or tubs. 2 gas fireplaces and 1 wood burning fireplace. 2 wood burning stoves, propane furnace and central A/C. 3 story utility elevator.
Master bedroom suite with gas fireplace, hickory ceilings and walls, large walk-in shower and jetted tub.
Guest bedroom is finished with walnut ceilings and walls, gas fireplace and access to full bathroom, very private.
3rd bedroom on 2nd floor finished in old barn boards, carpet and access to additional bathroom.
Large living room with cathedral ceiling, walls finished with white oak, with old brick paver fireplace. Hardwood oak flooring, adjoins large covered porch overlooking pond, with deer and turkey frequenting the property.
Large kitchen/great room area with hardwood floors, custom hickory cupboards, post and beam construction, with timber from the property/ Large island, gas range, stainless appliances, old wood cook stove with brick hearth. Enclosed porch off great room.
2nd floor has large family recreation room with built in shelving for lots of storage. All built in are done with old barn boards and old barn beams. Open view to living room, elevator goes to this floor also. Old fashioned 3/4 bath, all resembles inside-out barn.
Basement has 7 large rooms with built in shelving for lots of storage. Shelving in garage and shop area and built in bench, mechanical room, Wood stove for nice wood shop heat. Bathroom, and south exposure greenhouse off garage.
Outside is finished with old barn boards and battenboards, part is covered with 2 X 10s and chinked to look like older log house. Metal roof, rustic looking home with all the modern amenities.
We have the best fishing and white tail buck and turkey hunting in Southern Iowa. The property borders Stephens State Forest and minutes for 1000 acres of State Ground. We have created many UTV trails and welcome horse riding and have a private airstrip. This property is part of a 240 acres subdivision with 5 stocked ponds and access to all trails. In the heart of great recreational area. located 1 1/2 hrs from DesMoine airport. all properties have rural water and underground utilities. One of a kind home for mid-west.
- Stories: 2
- Square Feet: 4,600
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 4
Additional Rooms: 10
Heating & Cooling
- Central AC
- Central Heating
- Built in: 2009
- Structure Type: Other
- Lot Size: 6 Acres
Parking: 1.5 Spaces
- Attached Garage
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed